The Student Room Group

Guys who don't like girls wearing make-up ...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sbj
I can stop talking, no problem. But why are you like that? Why do you respond like that?
I have never used bad language, did not want to insult or attack people.
But nobody respects my opinions and feelings. Like I should go **** myself. Thank you, very kind of you. So, I am not equal or what?
And I am not British or American, English is my 3rd language and I had before other postings, and sometimes I think people read them and know who I mean. But of course not.
And I do not that every woman is the same. The bolded part shows it perfectly.
"It is LIKE..." I say. Isn't this an expression? Like me against the whole world. A saying?
So in true it is not this that is why you say "It is like".

It is a saying, but in that context, you've simply stated that, once again, you think all women share the same opinions. AGAIN.

I swore because I wanted to. No further explanation needed. And I didn't tell you to **** yourself, and you're perfectly equal. Just stop having dickish opinions. You've still insisted that women who like to wear makeup have no "real" opinions, which is quite clearly untrue since the majority of women in this country wear makeup of some form, and still manage to have fully legible conversations.

Well, unfortunately for you, this is a UK based site, and therefore I'll assume anyone I respond to can write in fully comprehensive English.
Reply 61
Original post by Liquid Swordsman
Have you ever, you know, met a girl?

Does it matter?
Are you Freud? Will you analyze me on this?
Like if I say 0, you will say "aha, there you are".
Or 1-3, then you will say "you have no experience" or "Did they leave you?".
Or more than 5, will you ask me if the women were natural or not?
This is not about me.
Original post by sbj
Does it matter?
Are you Freud? Will you analyze me on this?
Like if I say 0, you will say "aha, there you are".
Or 1-3, then you will say "you have no experience" or "Did they leave you?".
Or more than 5, will you ask me if the women were natural or not?
This is not about me.

Oh, but it is. You've made it about yourself.

Seriously though. Have you had a girlfriend?

And, quick question: Why is natural objectively better than unnatural?
Original post by sbj
No, I don't think badly of them. As I tried to say, you are the most beautiful things. My language is direct and honest and you see it personally. That's the problem.
"Debase" like you could be much better. But you prefer this. I try to say you do not need this.
Don't feel unconfortable just because you did not put makeup and want to go out. You are beautiful no matter how. Just because the social groups expects this from you, don't do that.
But of course you will tell me you do it because you like it.
And why do you like it? Any reason for that?
Maybe because you feel socially accepted and not rejected?

This is right. I have no evidence. It is hard to speak a foreign language and to discuss because you take it everything accurate. Of course their are who have interests outside popular culture. But exceptions. And even them have the similar interests like others. So nearly no difference.
For example I did not meet one girl who is interested in Jazz or Blues or Classical.
Or poetry. Really. None of them read poetry. They know the I don't know what shades of gray or something. But poems? Maybe little things from facebook. Like those superficial quotes.
I didn't meet any girl who has no Facebook for example. How many do you know who never used it?
Ask them what is trending topic, they will tell you, ask them about Haiti and they don't know about what you talk. Maybe there are 3-4 girls, but exceptions. Always exceptions. So you can't count them to the general.
Movies? Same. Religion? Oh, bad subject. Sports? I have never heard a girl watching NBA, do you know one?
What else?
About the subject they study? Even about that I can not talk mostly because they have no clue (I study maths). But there are some really good ones, too.
Clubbing and party? Perfect.
How many times did you talk with a boy about Nietzsche? Or Descartes, Kant?
History? How many of you are interested in history?
Like I said. Daily, talk. No problem. Facebook, Twitter, Web will tell you what is currently trending. 2 days later you forgot it already and there are new scandals and celebrity things.

Look at me. How many people do you know with same opinion?
At least I have the courage to talk about this stuff.
I don't fear negative opinions about me as you see. It is like me against the whole women society.
And not because I think you are bad or something. Because I feel like you live in illusions where you think you must look perfectly and think that beatuy = artificial stuff.
I try to wake up we could say. But of course who am I to do this? I know, I know.

Ah, I see. I misunderstood you. It kinda sounded like you were digging at girls who wear make-up and suggesting that they were "lesser" than everyone else.

Hahahaha, that made me laugh. You could benefit from wider society.
1. I like jazz and blues and classical. I wouldn't say I'm incredibly well versed in it because I tend to flit between hobbies, however, one of my friends (A) is learning the saxophone :biggrin: And I adore Hayley Westenra, the opera singer
2. I'm part of the creative writing society at my university. Poets galore. They got me out of the prose trap. One girl I know (B) is starting a poetry blog, and the other day we were all doing this thing on facebook where you recommend a poet to someone, they look at that poet's work, choose a poem they like and put it as a status and talk about it (social media isn't always bad). They know far more about poetry than I do, they're excellent people to know.
3. One of my old school friends (C) doesn't have facebook, to my knowledge. I admit most people have it but that's mostly because it's an easy way to organise events and especially keep in touch with old school friends now I'm at the other side of the country
4. Most people at university know about Haiti.
5. Movies, oh, taste in movies is incredibly varied. Everything from 1920's classics to cult classics like Bladerunner and Pulp Fiction, Disney, 1950's musicals, more obscure musicals, everything.
6. One of my mates is a massive basketball fan (D), and my housemate (E) and several of my old flatmates (F,G) love American football. Last year me and one of my flatmates (F) were the only ones in our group to watch the Six Nations, the boys couldn't be bothered.
7. The subject they study? Right.
I do Pharmacy. So to several of my friends (I can't be bothered to count). Since we're talking about women I'll only discuss my female friends, but two of them do History (E, H), one straight History, one modern History. I have a few friends on English literature, one on Biomedicine (I), one on Society, Culture and Media (F), two housemates doing Psychology (G, J), an old flatmate who did International Relations in Politics (K) and two friends of friends on Maths (L, M). All girls. Back home I have a friend doing Architecture (N), one doing Law (O), one doing Nursing (P), all sorts of stuff.
8. Only once, admittedly, a guy I met at a party tried to get me interested in Nietzsche, I haven't got round to looking into philosophy yet. However, I do talk about politics with my friends, one of my housemates supports the Tories (G), one of my coursemates can't stand them, (Q) I talk with my friends about Scottish independence because that's where I live.
9. Two of my female friends study history, as does one of their close friends, also a girl, and I had a conversation less than a week ago with another girl entirely about influential women in the first world war. One of my coursemates is incredibly interested in Italian history, being Italian, (R) while I favour social history, like my mum. Another of my coursemates loves the Romans (Q)

Women are people too. We have our own interests. So yes, we like clothes, and we like make-up, but we also like all kinds of other things. I wouldn't say they're exceptions, you might talk to a girl who likes astronomy about philosophy and get nowhere with her, and assume she has "no real interests". When in reality she gets really excited about quasars and red dwarves.

Edit: This post makes no sense so I've given each of my different friends a letter. No need for names. But there, several different friends, all of which have at least one of the interests you describe.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
It is a saying, but in that context, you've simply stated that, once again, you think all women share the same opinions. AGAIN.

I swore because I wanted to. No further explanation needed. And I didn't tell you to **** yourself, and you're perfectly equal. Just stop having dickish opinions. You've still insisted that women who like to wear makeup have no "real" opinions, which is quite clearly untrue since the majority of women in this country wear makeup of some form, and still manage to have fully legible conversations.

Well, unfortunately for you, this is a UK based site, and therefore I'll assume anyone I respond to can write in fully comprehensive English.

You swore because you wanted to? Fine. And I think what I want to. What should I stop?
Do you feel uncomfortable? Why can't I say a non-mainstream opinion?
Isn't that like being a Punk or someone whom the society doesn't accept because they are different?
At the moment you do this to me. And again for you, I don't say that wearing makeup makes you to a person who has no "real" opinions.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I don't think guys are against makeup as much as they're against excessive usage of makeup. Makeup is great when used minimally and when it just enhances your features. Most men dislike women plying makeup on to the point it completely changes what they naturally look like, which is pretty unnecessary IMO anyway.

You are right their! Some girl get tanned and its over the top. Its all about being natural with just a little use of make up.
Original post by sbj
You swore because you wanted to? Fine. And I think what I want to. What should I stop?
Do you feel uncomfortable? Why can't I say a non-mainstream opinion?
Isn't that like being a Punk or someone whom the society doesn't accept because they are different?
At the moment you do this to me. And again for you, I don't say that wearing makeup makes you to a person who has no "real" opinions.

No, by all means continue. But you seem to think that having an opinion means you are entitled to have it unquestioned and un-ridiculed.

No, I'm rarely uncomfortable. Nice try, though.
I dress in an alternative manner, so don't talk to me about society's acceptance of those who don't fit in.

Original post by sbj

Women tend to be overall artificial.

Right there.

Original post by sbj
And this causes the problem that those women have no real interests at all. That means they know what's up currently. Mainstream things, mainstream music, mainstream small talk. But I did not meet one fashion-woman who could hold intellectual conversations.

You literally JUST said it. Would you like to deny it again?
Reply 67
Oh, but it is. You've made it about yourself.

Seriously though. Have you had a girlfriend?

And, quick question: Why is natural objectively better than unnatural?

But I don't want that this is about me. I never talk about personal things. But in this case if I don't do it, you will think something I guess. So to your question. I am a pretty popular guy I can say. Popular because helpful and kind and they think that I am intelligent. Average looking, like 4/10 but being like the leader type of person. So, I had many possibilities to get a gf, but it ended only being 1.

Objectively? Because naturally you do not pretend something.
Do you like it when someone pretends something? Like they pretend to be your friend but when it comes to they leave you alone?
And being unnaturally is pretending. You pretend being someone you are not.
Like pop musicians (many) pretend being a musician, but in real they can't sing. But thanks "makeup", studio recordings and programs, everything is possible.
And woman don't need to pretend something. They are already perfect. But being unnaturally weakens it, because of pretanding. Clear enough?
Reply 68

You literally JUST said it. Would you like to deny it again?

What's the meaining of "those"? I thought "those" means like a group of. Am I wrong?
Reply 69
I have no problem with girls wearing makeup, I just think guys should be able to do the same without facing the social stigma associated with it.
Reply 70
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

Edit: This post makes no sense so I've given each of my different friends a letter. No need for names. But there, several different friends, all of which have at least one of the interests you describe.

Thank you, I liked your message. It seems you counted for everything what I mentioned one person, so in general none of them have 1 thing common, am I wrong?
I am wrong, because the common things are already mentioned: makeup, dresses, and so on :wink:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Futility
I have no problem with girls wearing makeup, I just think guys should be able to do the same without facing the social stigma associated with it.

Seconded. It's pretty bizarre that it's not considered socially acceptable for men to wear foundation and things. People realise that actors wear make-up all the time, don't they?
Original post by sbj
Thank you, I liked your message. It seems you counted for everything what I mentioned one person, so in general none of them have 1 thing common, am I wrong?
I am wrong, because the common things are already mentioned: makeup, dresses, and so on :wink:.

I'm a tad confused. What do you mean? If you mean that only one of my friends has those interests in each case, (which isn't true, several of my friends love History) they're not all going to have things in common with each other, but they all have things in common with me. Hence why we're friends. And I'm trying to think, but out of my friends I'm actually one of the ones who wears the most make-up, many of them don't wear it, or only wear it for special occasions such as going out, because if you're making an effort with the rest of your appearance, why not your make-up too?
Original post by sbj
What's the meaining of "those"? I thought "those" means like a group of. Am I wrong?

I think her issue is that it sounds like you're saying "Girls who wear make-up (ie "those" women) have no real interests". Which isn't true. Wearing make-up doesn't indicate your other interests
I prefer girls with no makeup or at most very minimal amounts. I haven't had any problems with this so far and know quite a few girls who fit the criteria.

Well applied Eyeliner is hot.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Futility

I'd be all for that. Guys can look so good in makeup

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sbj
Good for your as I tried to explain and said that I talked about the people I met.
And it says a lot of things that you choose Simpsons over the news.

The news is fookin' depressing.. who gives a **** what the news says?

I'd rather live my life enjoying it than feeling guilty, upset and depressed for 'what-if' scenarios that the news keeps painting will happen..

I need to get back into that 0-15 age mentality.. so much negativity will rot yer brain.
Original post by HashimKF
It is irrelevant because as I said the other 2 spent half the time getting ready yet still looked good at the end of it. I'm a guy it would be very wrong if I spent 30 minutes on my appearance. Clean shave and a bit of product in my hair and I'm good to go.

^ I don't see how you can say this isn't judgmental.

No it isn't. Someone spending longer on something but not doing it right is the point. No it wouldn't. My boyfriend spends longer than that.

Because it's true.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Errr, no. I wear a ****ton of makeup, and I have a wide of range of interests, I take part in politicalactivism, I don't drink, listen to mainstream music or wear mainstream fashion, I'm into art and graphic novels.

And even if you did drink, wear mainstream fashion and listen to mainstream music, as well as wearing make up, I don't see how that makes you any less worthy than a woman who could talk all day about the structure of the British government and dresses like a hippie (just as an example).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by nyan~
Most guys who say that girls look better without make up tend to be talking about girls with natural make up where it isn't obviously caked on. :sly:

Pretty much this.

Badum tsss. That word play.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending