Biology AS BIOL 1 revision and help Watch

alicelovatt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Not sure if there's a thread already for this but I could do with some discussion and help on enzymes, cell structure, and antigens. The cell surface membrane is challenging too. Does anyone have any ways I can succeed in these areas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ibtasamengland
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi,
what i did for the cell structure was draw it out and add all the organelles like ribosomes and label and describe them i found that very helpful, with enzymes you just have to buckle down and learn it. for example
enzymes:
more heat= more kinetic energy=more movement= more enzyme substrate complex formed
ph affects charge of amino acids and active site this can cause the substrate to no longer bind to it
more concentration= more chance of collisions so more enzyme substrate complexes formed.
I found writing out my note like these helpful on flashcards and stuff, to refresh memory and stuff. so that could be a good thing to do
mind maps are great as u have all the info on an a3 or A4 page.
YouTube videos help if you are a more visual learner
but most of all exam papers, and annotating questions so you know what they are asking for exactly and so you don't waffle and waste time.
e.g:
there was this question on how diaphragm helps exhalation and inhalation and most people talked about inter coastal muscles but lost marks. they are linked but what our teacher said is they only asked for the diaphragm and therefore you should only concentrate on that.
hope this helps hopefully we can ace the exams.
good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads