The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University? Any advice?

Hey all,
Well, I've taken a few years before heading to uni (I'm 23) as I was going to settle in my current career, but I want more than just settling.

My predicament is I already have a guaranteed place at Liverpool University to study Ancient History & Archaeology that has been deferred to start in September. I love history so I thought this would be perfect even though there's some parts I'm not so hot on.
I noticed Peace Studies & International Relations at Lancaster, so I have put an application in before the UCAS deadline.

Does anyone study this?I have never really studied any politics subjects before, I last studied History, RS, Sociology and Law.I love the sound of the subject. Also, what is the uni and accommodation like in general?

Thank you, likely catch you guys this year!
Reply 1
I cant speak of the course , but of the accommodation I can only refer you to the fact that the university has for many years won the 'best accommodation' award , and living on campus this year i cannot agree more. The worst standard of housing is well above most of the places that my friends from other unis lived in. Some of the 'nicer' places easily compete with what you would expect in a decent overnight hotel place Its rather plush indeed > thus not the cheapest but you do get a good bit for your money.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I was hoping to stay in an en-suite rom preferably, is there any you would recommend? I've never had the chance to see any of he colleges inside.I'm being given a tour of campus on Thursday so hoping to get real feel for the place!
So excited to start already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending