The Student Room Group

Does anyone laugh out of politeness?

Do you giggle at people out of politeness? If there trying to be funny, so you just giggle? If your intimidated by someone, do you also giggle/ laugh at them even if you don't find them funny?
or is it just me?........haha
i used to be a very shy kid, so used to smile in uncomfortable situations.
Reply 2
Nope, I don't laugh unless I think it's funny, I don't smile either, I just 'smirk'
Original post by Flexa
Nope, I don't laugh unless I think it's funny, I don't smile either, I just 'smirk'

Haha
Reply 4
Sometime during a phone call when i don't understand much from the other side... I just laugh and transform it to a yyyyyyeah and try to get done with it.
LOL yeah...
Reply 6
All the time. But it's awful, since it's obvious when I fake laugh :facepalm:
Yup, a lot of people don't know what I sound like when I actually laugh for real because they're really not that funny and I've never had a 'proper' laugh around them. o.O
Yes all the time. I do this a lot on the phone. Seems to work well with ladies.

I like it when a girl you are talking to laughs at what I said because she was into me (even though it wasn't that funny). Making an effort counts.
Why would you encourage unfunny people to keep making ****ty jokes? I normally just give them a dirty or pity look, especially if its a knock knock joke or something equally as ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest