Tame Impala-type bands?

Watch
Endors Toi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
As you can tell from my username, I'm quite a big fan of Tame Impala. Was wondering if anybody knew bands that are similar to them? Or indie bands in general!

Posted from TSR Mobile
StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Temples. Temples all day long. When I worked as a promoter I met them on 3/4 occasions and they are top top lads which probably makes me a bit biased, but they have an unbelievable sound. But yeah, if you like Tame Impala, I would bet a testicle that you'll enjoy the following:

Temples
Step Kids
Blues Pills
TOY
I Am Kloot (Let It All In rather than their older stuff)

In addition, the drummer from Tame Impala has a band called Pond who are pretty decent. In addition in addition, did your version of Lonerism have the bonus track called 'Led Zeppelin'? It's **** hot. **** hot my friend.
Endors Toi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by StretfordEnd)
Temples. Temples all day long. When I worked as a promoter I met them on 3/4 occasions and they are top top lads which probably makes me a bit biased, but they have an unbelievable sound. But yeah, if you like Tame Impala, I would bet a testicle that you'll enjoy the following:

Temples
Step Kids
Blues Pills
TOY
I Am Kloot (Let It All In rather than their older stuff)

In addition, the drummer from Tame Impala has a band called Pond who are pretty decent. In addition in addition, did your version of Lonerism have the bonus track called 'Led Zeppelin'? It's **** hot. **** hot my friend.
I've heard of temples from friends, but never gave them a listen, haven't heard of the rest so I'll be sure to give them all a listen! I've listened to pond quite abit, they're great, as for the bonus track, nope, so I'll be giving that a listen to aswell, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ninuzu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Endors Toi)
As you can tell from my username, I'm quite a big fan of Tame Impala. Was wondering if anybody knew bands that are similar to them? Or indie bands in general!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't you think elephant sounds like pink floyd mixed with the beatles? :gasp: Sounds so much like John Lennon singing!
DebateDebacle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's a new up and coming band which got nominated for the BBC Sound of 2014 called Jungle who sound sorta similar I guess. Even if they aren't, give 'em a listen, they're alright
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you ever seen Tame Impala live? They were absolutely amazing at Reading, one of the best i've ever seen live.
Dead End Street
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Kurt Vile, Dirty Projectors, Foxygen, Jagwar Ma. And of course The Flaming Lips.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads