The Student Room Group

Will I get Permabanned?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Is this by design?

Whilst I do understand the rationale, this isn't something particularly applicable to any other facet of life. Usually in life there is an expectation of the availability of a clear explanation of the rules/laws and of a fair procedure.

One might say that keeping all criminal laws secret would discourage people from "playing the game" - but that would clearly be unconscionable.

I believe so, but the documentation about the system comes from the community team so I've not been directly involved. I'm not sure that your analogy quite fits, though - there's certainly no intention of a lack of clarity around what the site rules are (I appreciate that criminal sentencing guidelines are freely published, if you wanted to extend your analogy to those).
Just as some general reassurance here, the system as a whole is currently under review by the mod team and community team. It's unlikely to change in its core mechanics, but I'm confident that we'll see a number of the concerns around the system addressed where possible. :smile:
Original post by TheBigJosh
How does one get the black card?

Like Illusionary said, two active red cards, if you're wondering how you get a red card, then look back to earlier in the thread where Illusionary has explained it, first page, post 6 :smile:
Will I get banned if I have 2 red cards - or if it is 3 red cards that makes a perma black.
We post what we want, we post we waaaant, we're Leeds United, we post what we want!!
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Will I get banned if I have 2 red cards - or if it is 3 red cards that makes a perma black.

Permanent bans aren't part of the automatic escalation. They're decided by the section leaders on a case by case basis.
Original post by moonkatt
Permanent bans aren't part of the automatic escalation. They're decided by the section leaders on a case by case basis.

Doesn't it say that you can get a black accumulating a couple of reds - or did I read it wrong. :confused:
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Doesn't it say that you can get a black accumulating a couple of reds - or did I read it wrong. :confused:

Do you have a link to where it says this? If you let me know I can get the community team to edit it :smile:
Do you have a link to where it says this? If you let me know I can get the community team to edit it :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=1557-community-record-overview

Also, how many cards for a one week ban?

That link just says if you accrue several red cards, not a set amount which is true of how the policy is now. It's not like the blue cards escalating to a yellow where you get a set number of cards. We know when people get banned and if someone is getting multiple bans then eventually the time will come that a permanent ban is considered but there's no set in stone limit.

Original post by ILovePancakes
Also, how many cards for a one week ban?

A red card leads to a temporary ban, it explains how you could get one in that link you posted there. Either through collecting enough reminders and yellow cards or for serious rule breaking (it has to be pretty bad to get a straight red).
That link just says if you accrue several red cards, not a set amount which is true of how the policy is now. It's not like the blue cards escalating to a yellow where you get a set number of cards. We know when people get banned and if someone is getting multiple bans then eventually the time will come that a permanent ban is considered but there's no set in stone limit.

A red card leads to a temporary ban, it explains how you could get one in that link you posted there. Either through collecting enough reminders and yellow cards or for serious rule breaking (it has to be pretty bad to get a straight red).

Oh - it's just that he ^ didn't give an actual number. He said 'a couple', so I assumed it was kind of the same thing :tongue:.

Thanks for that. I'm three blue cards away from getting a red then :ninja: better lay low.
I love TSR, but the constant pressure of trying to balance any form of sense of humour/funny discussion with not getting banned is near impossible.

I went to a meet a few weeks ago and I sat and thought about it. Almost everyone at that table would have been banned for the stuff they said there, some of them mods, and guess what... No one was offended and we had a good time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending