The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

a few hundred hope to save more need a job first though.
about £55,000 at 22

will Make minimum £10,000 next two months i think, but need to get a new car, etc, so about £6000 will be saved
Original post by rickfloss
about £55,000 at 22

will Make minimum £10,000 next two months i think, but need to get a new car, etc, so about £6000 will be saved

Holy hell. There I was feeling chuffed that I'd safed £600 so far
Reply 83
Umm, I'm 16 and I have about £4,500 all in bonds (Y)
Original post by Ozzin
Umm, I'm 16 and I have about £4,500 all in bonds (Y)

omg so rich wow :wink:
£40k, I'm 17
Half of it is from my parents for Uni - in a mixture of bonds and ISAs
The other half is from investing, freelance software dev, gigs and a previous part time job
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 86
I just got my card taken. The bank said heeeeeeeell no!!! :rofl:
£175,000, I'm 23. Hard work and investments.
Reply 88
I reported fraud for like no reason and so the bank shut it down but I had a negative number anyway. When I had over $2,000 I went in to get a card the 1st time and the investment lady didn't want to give it to me. She told me to wait in my seat in a cubicle and came back all polite saying I can't get one b/c I'm a fulltime student not working and can't maintain my acct. :curious: I got so upset and asked to see her manager and interrupted a business conference but oh well. They all looked up at me in suits and the lady said if you close your account or go below $50 I can never get a card again...uh oh....lol
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
£175,000, I'm 23. Hard work and investments.

What's the secret man?!?!? Some kind of elusive stock or fund I should know about?
Just my spending money for my holiday tomorrow - £200 I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by AstroNandos
omg so rich wow :wink:

Ssh, just because I have bad internet :frown:
Original post by Ozzin
Ssh, just because I have bad internet :frown:

Maybe you could pay for it to be fixed? :wink:

On topic, I have around £110 saved up altogether. That's my bank account and wallet. I should probably get a part time job now as I've just turned 16 :biggrin:
This thread is really depressing me now. Well done though to the people who have saved loads.. Think I need some saving advice
Reply 94
19 Years Old
Saved £6000 For University this September.

Hoping this will last me 2 years at least with maintenance loan helping me pay half of my accommodation lol.
Original post by Staceyc1990
This thread is really depressing me now. Well done though to the people who have saved loads.. Think I need some saving advice

Thats because this thread is packed full with BS

200K at 23?!!!!! :colonhash::hand: GTFO OF HERE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arrow900
Thats because this thread is packed full with BS

200K at 23?!!!!! :colonhash::hand: GTFO OF HERE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really isn't impossible if you know what you're doing.
£0/Bankrupt
Original post by Reue
A combination of the two. Still living relativly cheaply (No flashy mobile phone, no sky tv, no massive nights out on the town and holidays etc) while making a decent salary for age/location.

I save about 50% of my net income.

I close my trades with a smart phone, idk how you think a smartphone is waist of money. Getting a new one every 3 months is tho
£-1200 Aged 20

This time next year I should be on £+7000
from placement year job

Latest

Trending

Trending