Making money with limited mobility? Watch

StrawberryPips57
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/experience with earning money whilst on crutches very long term?
I'm 15 & suffer from very severe pain in my foot (CRPS) which limits me to crutches, doesn't respond to pain relief and has been around 2 and a half years now, however I want to do everything everyone else my age range is doing.
I feel as if my life is on pause, I just want to resume it and have fun, it's almost as if I'm just watching the world go by getting nowhere with it all and my teenage years are just wasting away.

My few friends never really want to go out anywhere (I wouldn't even mind a little walk around the block, I love getting out and don't want to keep doing so with my mum as the rest of my own age people are out and about, have a paper round maybe, have plenty of friends and such. It takes a lot of arranging and comes out with a lot of let down when they cancel on me on a regular basis, I try to live life as normally as possible and would do anything to just walk normally and do normal things; for example, if a friend or two and I were to go and get a drink such as a coffee to take away and drink as we just go on a casual stroll, I wouldn't be able to hold it as I'd be having to walk on crutches and no hands free which makes it very awkward, it may seem petty however it really gets on my nerves when little things like this seem to prevent a happy and social teenage life for me.

I'd like to try making some money to put towards saving up for things I'd like, like new clothes and such so I feel as if I've done that & I've achieved it! Most my age seem to only have a paper round, but this is very hard on crutches & getting up early etc as I only get a few hours of scattered sleep due to my pain levels.

Any suggestions?
Just a few points to help!
- I'm 15
- From the UK
- Would love to meet some new friends, but have a lot of trouble with social anxiety/Aspergers Syndrome intefering

Thank you so much in advance! x
Lucierugbychick
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have a lot of conditions, including autism and CRPS
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you're not gonna find a job at 15 if you can't walk well as a paper round is your only real option unless you have a family connection. It will possibly be easier when you're 16 and can sit at a check out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
5.86%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (188)
58.02%
No (117)
36.11%

Watched Threads