The Student Room Group

Ideas for something to do in the summer (I'm from the UK)

So, my friends have gone and booked a holiday to the Caribbean and the invite was not extended to me which is quite upsetting.

I would like to look forward to the end of A2 exams and have something to keep me going, such as travelling.

I looked in Camp America but I'm not able to do that was it clashes with exams.
I looked into gap year travelling/ volunteering but they are all so expensive and I would rather do volunteering when I'm slightly older and more mentally resilient.

Any one got any ideas for something/course that kind of thing to do in the summer?

My interests include HISTORY <3 human rights that kind of thing..

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
south east asia (vietnam, laos, cambodia, thailand)
Reply 2
interrailing!!
Reply 3
Original post by reyjusuf
south east asia (vietnam, laos, cambodia, thailand)

Alone..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Rob4rugby
interrailing!!

I have no one to go with, otherwise definitely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Camp America?
Reply 6
Original post by puella_optima
I have no one to go with, otherwise definitely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you'll find that travelling alone is one of the best experiences you'll have, search around the forums for people who have gone to places by themselves and met people along the way :smile:

So in other words, don't scrap an idea just because you won't have anyone to go with.
Travelwise, if you're worried about being alone, you can join a tour group to go various places, otherwise travelling alone can be really fun. I've done it, and people are usually really nice and you can make really great friends and have a great time.
Reply 8
I'm in the same boat as you! I'd LOVE to go interrailing between end of exams and results day but my friends either cant afford it or dont want to go the places i do :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest