The Student Room Group

ahhh crazy chick's got it in for me!!!

There's this girl I know, who at first I kinda liked as a friend. She's was very social, easy going and generally fun to be around.

But this all turned quickly. The first thing she did not too long after we started getting to know each other was to sleep with the guy I was with. Even though it was a friends with benefits kind of arrangement (with the guy) and no feelings were invested. All of which i had talked about with her. She want to plant this idea that i did have feelings for him (which I did not) as so to make the fact that she had slept with him hurt. Weird.

She obviously doesn't like me but at the same time she tries to imitate me e.g. photos I take, she takes a similar poses. If that makes sense. If I'm doing something else and completely minding my own busy, she somehow swoops in and make herself a part it too.

Dispite the fact that she's giving clear signs that she doesn't like me. When we're out socially we will talk and she'll even on occasion compliment me.

So my deal is, what is her problem?

Sorry I hadn't read what I was saying. Should be able to make sense now.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Do you even grammar?
Original post by NHM713
There's this girl I know, who at first I kinda liked. She social, easy going and generally fun to be around.

But this all turned quickly. The first she did was to sleep with the guy I was with. Even though it was a friends with benefits kind of arrangement and no feelings were invested. She want to plant this idea that i did as so to make her sleeping with him hurt. Weird.

I obviously doesn't like me but at the same time she tries to imitate me e.g. photos I take, she takes a similar pose. If that makes sense. If I'm doing something completely minding my own busy. She somehow swoops in.

Dispite the fact that she's giving clear signs that she doesn't like me. When we're out socially we talk and she'll even on occasion compliment me.

So my deal is, what is her problem?

You are reading way, way too far into this.

-If you were friends with benefits with this guy, a) this girl probably didn't know about it and b) even if she didn't, you guys aren't in a relationship so you don't have any jurisdiction over him. And you act like he had nothing to do with it! He wasn't dragged into her bed screaming!

-'imitates your poses'? Also known as, the poses EVERY TEENAGE GIRL MAKES when taking photos.

-'she somehow swoops in' - what's wrong with that?

It sounds to me like you're making up reasons inside your head as to why she doesn't like you. She's not a 'crazy chick', she just slept with the guy you were sleeping with and it sounds a lot like you automatically dislike her because of that.
oh she ratchet gurrrl

she ratchet
Ok I only half understood that :lolwut:

Why don't you just stop hanging out with her.
Reply 6
Original post by paradoxicalme
You are reading way, way too far into this.

-If you were friends with benefits with this guy, a) this girl probably didn't know about it and b) even if she didn't, you guys aren't in a relationship so you don't have any jurisdiction over him. And you act like he had nothing to do with it! He wasn't dragged into her bed screaming!

-'imitates your poses'? Also known as, the poses EVERY TEENAGE GIRL MAKES when taking photos.

-'she somehow swoops in' - what's wrong with that?

It sounds to me like you're making up reasons inside your head as to why she doesn't like you. She's not a 'crazy chick', she just slept with the guy you were sleeping with and it sounds a lot like you automatically dislike her because of that.

Well, I have been nothing but pleasant to her.
I don't get angry easily and I rarely if ever, get jealous. So I can't see how I'm skewing the situation.

I'm hesitant to believe that she genuinely that she had no idea what she was doing, considering we spent alot of time in the beginning hanging out and chatting about everything, include my time with this guy.

I don't for one second think his 'innocent' but his part in this issue I have, is so insignificant. Not to say that I think it's ok and honestly I think that another subject all together.

The photo thing isn't really an issue. Its the whole fb thing and getting more likes. It's like competition to her and I'm not it to playing this game. I have other things to concern myself with.

Like I said, I'd be minding my own business, maybe with someone she doesn't want me to be seen getting chummy with.

And if anything I miss the way thimgs used yo be with us.
Reply 7
lol girls and their drama
Reply 8
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Ok I only half understood that :lolwut:

Why don't you just stop hanging out with her.

I don't hang around with her that often anymore. It's just those rare occasions when we do hang out. Plus were friends on fb...I like to keep my enemy (relatively) close.
Reply 9
Original post by NHM713
Well, I have been nothing but pleasant to her.
I don't get angry easily and I rarely if ever, get jealous. So I can't see how I'm skewing the situation.

I'm hesitant to believe that she genuinely that she had no idea what she was doing, considering we spent alot of time in the beginning hanging out and chatting about everything, include my time with this guy.

I don't for one second think his 'innocent' but his part in this issue I have, is so insignificant. Not to say that I think it's ok and honestly I think that another subject all together.

The photo thing isn't really an issue. Its the whole fb thing and getting more likes. It's like competition to her and I'm not it to playing this game. I have other things to concern myself with.

Like I said, I'd be minding my own business, maybe with someone she doesn't want me to be seen getting chummy with.

And if anything I miss the way thimgs used yo be with us.

If you have a friends with benefits situation with a guy, there is no logical reason to be jealous or to think he's done something wrong. He hasn't. She hasn't either. The WHOLE POINT of FWB is that you can see other people and you can get no strings attached sex. If you even think it's debateable that him sleeping with someone else is wrong, then you're probably getting attached; in which case stop the FWB.

As for the other points, way too petty to argue.
Reply 10
Original post by 2ndClass
lol girls and their drama

That just makes my problem sounds trivial. There is a deeper issue to this.

Like that of the face that girls, at least from my experience, see eachother as competition for guys attention and not for other things.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Danz123
If you have a friends with benefits situation with a guy, there is no logical reason to be jealous or to think he's done something wrong. He hasn't. She hasn't either. The WHOLE POINT of FWB is that you can see other people and you can get no strings attached sex. If you even think it's debateable that him sleeping with someone else is wrong, then you're probably getting attached; in which case stop the FWB.

As for the other points, way too petty to argue.

I totally agree with you. but you don't sleep with one girl then sleep with her best friend (not saying we were that close) it's just disrespectful. I feel really uncomfortable when we all meet up knowing that.

Plus the FWB ending a while and it's him that I'm bothered by.
Reply 12
Original post by NHM713
I totally agree with you. but you don't sleep with one girl then sleep with her best friend (not saying we were that close) it's just disrespectful. I feel really uncomfortable when we all meet up knowing that.

Plus the FWB ending a while and it's him that I'm bothered by.

Again, that only matters if you think the sex means something. In a FWB, sex is nothing more than fun. It's meaningless. The only time sleeping with a girl and then her best friend would be considered a horrible thing is if you were in a relationship with the girl. The whole lore around that is stupid, the same way as the unwritten rule of not getting with your friend's ex's. It makes no sense, and is born from a feeling of control. While it may not be ideal (personally if I had a FWB I wouldn't sleep with the girl's best friend) it's not immoral. Think of it like both of you getting with the same guy in a club. The guy's done nothing wrong as it was never exclusive.
What?
Reply 14
I was going to try to correct your grammar but it became far too much of a task :frown:

For those of you who had as a hard a time with this as I did here is what I think the OP was trying to say:

Apparently, someone who was friends with the OP has back stabbed her and slept with a guy she was with. She isn't cutting them both off though, as it was a more casual situation than anything.

Now this girl is imitating her and acting fake towards her, even though it's obvious the girl doesn't like the OP. She would like to know what to do about the situation.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by johnh1983
I was going to try to correct your grammar but it became far too much of a task :frown:

For those of you who had as a hard a time with this as I did here is what I think the OP was trying to say:

Apparently, someone who was friends with the OP has back stabbed her and slept with a guy she was with. She isn't cutting them both off though, as it was a more casual situation than anything.

Now this girl is imitating her and acting fake towards her, even though it's obvious the girl doesn't like the OP. She would like to know what to do about the situation.

Haha, thank you. I had a go at correcting what I was saying aswell.
Reply 16
Original post by NHM713
Haha, thank you. I had a go at correcting what I was saying aswell.

lol! No problem :tongue: I hope it didn't seem too condescending.

Also, to answer your question, cut them both out of your life :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by Danz123
Again, that only matters if you think the sex means something. In a FWB, sex is nothing more than fun. It's meaningless. The only time sleeping with a girl and then her best friend would be considered a horrible thing is if you were in a relationship with the girl. The whole lore around that is stupid, the same way as the unwritten rule of not getting with your friend's ex's. It makes no sense, and is born from a feeling of control. While it may not be ideal (personally if I had a FWB I wouldn't sleep with the girl's best friend) it's not immoral. Think of it like both of you getting with the same guy in a club. The guy's done nothing wrong as it was never exclusive.

I don't know if I made this clear, but, the sex that they sex is not the issue. I am completely fine with that. The problem lays with this 'so-called friend' who had
an ulterior motive (to get at me for no reason) when sleeping with mentioned guy.

This is not the only reason why I feel she is basically bullying me but it's the most significant. In comparison to what she's done recently.

But the funny thing she is no long from what I know sleeping with this guy as he went to enter a serious relationship with his girlfriend whom I have no problems. So it's definitely not a question of me being possessive over or feeling attached to my FWB. She on the other hand does from what I can tell.

I feel as though I lose my faith in girls sometimes.
Reply 18
Original post by johnh1983
lol! No problem :tongue: I hope it didn't seem too condescending.

Also, to answer your question, cut them both out of your life :wink:

No, It was concise and to the point. :smile:

Maybe there is a career in that for you...ever thought of becoming a codebreaker.
Reply 19
Original post by NHM713
I don't know if I made this clear, but, the sex that they sex is not the issue. I am completely fine with that. The problem lays with this 'so-called friend' who had
an ulterior motive (to get at me for no reason) when sleeping with mentioned guy.

This is not the only reason why I feel she is basically bullying me but it's the most significant. In comparison to what she's done recently.

But the funny thing she is no long from what I know sleeping with this guy as he went to enter a serious relationship with his girlfriend whom I have no problems. So it's definitely not a question of me being possessive over or feeling attached to my FWB. She on the other hand does from what I can tell.

I feel as though I lose my faith in girls sometimes.

Why do you think she slept with him to get to you? In any case, it shouldn't be getting to you, for the reasons I listed, and which you know. It would only get to you if you liked the guy, hence my theories of you getting attached to the FWB.

I'd say don't give her any ammunition. If you believe she's getting to you because she slept with your friend, poses the same way as you in pictures, etc. then she'll have won. Things like that should be beneath you, and seen as non-problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending