uzyere
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does Anybody have any revision tips on how to revise for science?
Feel free to share how you tend to revise
Hibzish
Badges: 11
Report 6 years ago
Read the revision guides before your lesson. Make colourful notes to help you remember trust me they work.
For me i use the CGP revision guide they gave us and remember the content word for word. Also make a glossary of the key words and their meaning especially in biology. Practise answering 6 mark questions; do this by remembering 1 sentence for 1 mark in order each so you know what you're doing. They also check spelling punctuation and grammar so be careful too.
arranrice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What I did for biology, physics and biology... Assuming your doing triple science is I gave myself 1 A4 sheet per topic for each science.

So I had 18 A4 Sheets For:
B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6
P1, P2, P3 ,P4, P5, P6
C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6

Each topic = 1 A4 sheet.
Then I basically condensed the entire topic (unit) down onto the sheet and made it really colorful and I only put on the stuff I didn't know.
I also found it useful to go through some past exam papers.
Magnesium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I make notes on each topic. I find writing things helps me remember them more so all I mostly need to do afterwards is read it through, smooth out any things I'm a bit hazy on and then do some past papers.

Revision guides are also really good but I find that they're really inconsistent and sometimes miss out entire topics so I tend to use quite a few different revision guides and therefore, make sure I have all the information I need in my notes.
Revision Notes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on how your mind works. Some people say make colourful notes with lovey dovey symbols etc. Others say reading a textbook while locked up in your bedroom.

Just enjoy what you're learning, make simple concise notes and DO PAST PAPERS. Follow the exam mark scheme and exam officer tips on papers.

Go outside of the classroom and ask for help from your teachers when you don't understand a topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads