Thinking of leaving sixth form

Watch this thread
TomEvans3112
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Im really really struggling with sixth form to the point i feel like im about to have a breakdown. Ive taken A level Psychology, Business and Maths, the first two im doing fine in but maths is stressing me out the point i want to leave. Ive had countless meetings with my head of sixth who have protested they'll help me out but to no avail. I went to college on Thursday to get some information on enrolling and it seems really interesting. What do i do? Do i stick it out for 5 months and then go to college in september or do i go to college now?
Im so depressed lately, sixth form is literally all i can think about because i just dread going back there
any advice would be greatly appreciated
ElGenioEstúpido
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TomEvans3112)
Im really really struggling with sixth form to the point i feel like im about to have a breakdown. Ive taken A level Psychology, Business and Maths, the first two im doing fine in but maths is stressing me out the point i want to leave. Ive had countless meetings with my head of sixth who have protested they'll help me out but to no avail. I went to college on Thursday to get some information on enrolling and it seems really interesting. What do i do? Do i stick it out for 5 months and then go to college in september or do i go to college now?
Im so depressed lately, sixth form is literally all i can think about because i just dread going back there
I feel sorry for you, I think you should go over your topics to make sure you have properly learnt them, and possibly hire a tutor to teach you, remember, don't try to get too stressed over your a-levels, they are important, yes, but they shouldn't make you that depressed, I think you should sit it through, because at least it'll have a reward, which are AS qualifications
Lord Frieza
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

My friend, let me tell you, I had extreme problems last year and went to see a therapist in January because I knew I was going to fail. I had gotten U and E in EVERY single assessment for all my subjects and I just thought of giving up. It would get so difficult I would sometimes bunk school, and asking people for advice didn't help. Many on TSR just told me I'm a failure and I will never forget their names. So I just went through all the pain and talked to my mum, she told me to forget that there are exams and revise because I want to learn not because I have to.

So I did, from UUEE I got some I jumped 2-4 grades and still didn't do that well in Maths, but it wasn't the end of the world. Thus Summer I have only 2 retakes in Maths!
I wanted to change to a College but I decided to stick it out, started working on Maths in the Summer and got over 90% in C3 mock in December while the average was an E.
Looking back, I should have cherished the AS year, because after sixth form the spoon-feeding completely disappears.

Just hang in there, it'll get better..
TomEvans3112
Rep:
Im missing school on a regular basis at the minute, not the lessons so much but free periods are compulsory and we have to stay there but I cant bring myself to do it. Psychology and Business are fine i know that if i put the work in ill get atleast C's in but Maths i feel like is impossible im sitting in lessons staring into space because ive totally give up, i refuse to let it make me feel the way I am yet it still is. Id love to her from someone who was in my position and decided to go to college just so I can kind of weigh it up. But yeah, each day is getting worse & worse i really dont know what to do.
Xscape
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Im missing school on a regular basis at the minute, not the lessons so much but free periods are compulsory and we have to stay there but I cant bring myself to do it. Psychology and Business are fine i know that if i put the work in ill get atleast C's in but Maths i feel like is impossible im sitting in lessons staring into space because ive totally give up, i refuse to let it make me feel the way I am yet it still is. Id love to her from someone who was in my position and decided to go to college just so I can kind of weigh it up. But yeah, each day is getting worse & worse i really dont know what to do.
Hi, if and when you go to college now or in september what will you do their? Will you continue with your a2's and drop maths?
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
don't!!!!!!!! you will regret it!
drop the maths but stay in college
TomEvans3112
Rep:
Ive been researching & if i can drop maths i was thinking of volunteering part time (complys with government laws)? Because i'll only be required to be at school for like 9/10 hours a week if i drop maths as psychology is via video conference and only one hour a week. Then ill be ready for college in september. There's no way i can do two years i absolutely detest the place
Cryptic_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
How did you do in GCSE Maths? Are you doing Maths and Stats or Maths and Mechanics? Why didn't you decide dropping it earlier and swapped it with a different subject?

What are your career plans, out of interest?
TomEvans3112
Rep:
Sorry mate ive only just seen your post, i got a B at gcse & im doing maths stats, ive managed to drop it so now im doing BTEC ict, BTEC business and Psychology. Still considering leaving after my 1st year because quite frankly my school is a joke with little/no support available and i dont want that next year. How bad is this going to look on my CV? its just been a whirlwind of 4 months and i now know returning to sixth form was a massive massive mistake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (140)
66.35%
No (47)
22.27%
I didn't use it to prepare (24)
11.37%

Watched Threads