The Student Room Group

Planning to visit Mecca as a non-Muslim

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reform
The meaning is someone who is spiritually impure thus this disqualifies anyone who isn't a Muslim.

Refer to the above answer.

Also, I believe they're allowed in the outskirts of Madinah but they're not allowed to enter past a certain point. In any case, what would you guys do there? It's a place of worship.

Eh don't know, but since so many Muslims come to the city (religious tourism..sort of), surely the rest of the city with a 2 mil population (excluding the visitors during Hajj) has..things to do? :tongue:

Tbh I'd have no interest in going, but OP seems to want to, Or North Korea... (didn't even realize you could go...)
Original post by RedArrow
Don't you know what a passport is?

Didn't think passports included your religious view point?

My passport doesn't list my faith (or lack thereof) on it...:confused:
Reply 23
Original post by DeathGuardElite
Didn't think passports included your religious view point?

My passport says: "Religion: Islam" :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by HenryKissinger
Exactly. I am prepared to take a few lashings, though. That'd be a cool story.

Which one are you, again?

He could literally recite the Shahada at any moment and he would be a Muslim. TBH the idea of a Muslim or a Christian, is total *******s, not every Christian thinks the same thing, not every Muslim thinks the same thing, so you have to ask, is there really such a thing as a Muslim or a Christian?

EDIT: and in fact I really wasn't aware it was listed there
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
I think you have to show a document of faith from your Mosque if you are a convert.
Original post by Ankabout
My passport says: "Religion: Islam" :biggrin:

*has never owned a passport* >.> <.< but i thought it could help hijackers like that movie where these hijackers take this plane and seperate the jews from the non-jews also chuck norris is in it.

EDIT: British Passports do not have your religion on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by shouldbestudying
I plan on performing Hajj or Umrah as an Ex-Muslim.

Now that's interesting. There's no way they'd be able to tell, especially if you have a Muslim name.
Reply 29
Original post by HenryKissinger
Me and my friends are thinking of going on holiday in the summer, and we thought it'd be cool to go to some place unusual. They suggested North Korea, which would be interesting, if a bit harrowing, but I suggested we go to Mecca. It'd be a pretty awesome story if we manager to sneak in and see what it's like.

Now, none of us are Muslims so we'd obviously have to bone up on some of the customs and maybe grow beards, but apart from that, how hard is it? What kind of things would we need to know? If the worst comes to the worst and we get caught, what will the Saudi officials do?

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Mecca isn't a place for tourists/a summer vacation.

Not all Muslim men who go to Mecca have beards so you needn't worry about that; they won't catch you out on your appearance because there's Muslims from all over the world going there.

Don't forget to don the right garb and take pics for TSR! :biggrin:

Reply 30
I plan on performing Hajj or Umrah as an Ex-Muslim.

Why would you want to that? Wouldn't it go against your amateur nihilism and vehement apostasy?
Original post by faketitle
Why would you want to that? Wouldn't it go against your amateur nihilism and vehement apostasy?

I'm suppose I'm just curious. It would be an unique experience. Well I am an amateur nihilist. :wink: Performing Hajj wouldn't make me any less of an Ex-Muslim.
I find it ridiculous that non-muslims aren't allowed in Mecca, I mean for God's sake.
I'm suppose I'm just curious. It would be an unique experience. Well I am an amateur nihilist. :wink: Performing Hajj wouldn't make me any less of an Ex-Muslim.

pffft you amateur nihilist i am a 3 school nihilist XD
Political
Moral
Existential

:P
Reply 34
To the OP: Good luck on that.
Reply 35
Original post by Reform
O you who have believed, indeed the polytheists are unclean, so let them not approach al-Masjid al-Haram after this, their [final] year. And if you fear privation, Allah will enrich you from His bounty if He wills. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Wise. (9:28)

Who decides who is a polytheist?

Original post by Reform
The meaning is someone who is spiritually impure thus this disqualifies anyone who isn't a Muslim.

Where did you derive this meaning? Have you studied tafsir? Do you know in which context this verse was revealed?

Please provide references to support your statements if not. This is a huge example of what is causing so much damage to the image of islam. People who have no knowledge speaking about religion. How can you claim anyone that is non-muslim is "spiritually impure"?

Unbelievable.
Original post by DeathGuardElite
pffft you amateur nihilist i am a 3 school nihilist XD
Political
Moral
Existential

:P

I'm jealous. :P What's your secret?
I'm jealous. :P What's your secret?

ah but its a secret :P
also a tad off topic XD

PM me if you wanna know about those schools of nihilism :P also i'd like you to tell me why you say you're an "amateur" nihilist XD
Reply 38
You can visit Mecca the city but you can't visit the actual mosque 'the Kaaba'. And if you do manage to sneak in the mosque and get caught I think they'll put you in jail, but then again how are they supposed to know you aren't Muslim. I'm Saudi :smile:
It's a strange practice for a religion that preaches universality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest