The Student Room Group

Planning to visit Mecca as a non-Muslim

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faketitle
Lol, do you even know what's going in the first picture? :laugh:
And how does keeping non-Muslims out of a place meant exclusively for Muslims to worship in and which is meant to be/hold the epitome of religious sanctity count in any way as an apartheid? Please click.

I wasn't actually referring to that as evidence of apartheid in Saudi Arabia; the apartheid I was referring to was between men and women.

The first photo is of members of the Saudi army / air force landing their helicopter on a road in order to pray in time (in time for what you may ask? Well, ask them that).
Original post by Nader_KSA
I don't know why they just want to go to Mecca in particular, is it just because it's forbidden for non Muslims to enter it, if it wasn't forbidden I'm pretty sure no one would want to visit it.

People want to visit Mecca because it's a place of historical/theological interest.
Reply 142
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
OP has a lot of threads on Islam, and it seems to me he's trying to discover Islam.

Let it be, I'm sure he'll find the truth once he travels with his friends.

Maybe OP ko Kuch Kuch Hota hai? :biggrin:

Translation: Maybe some things happens to OP?
Original post by Kutta
Maybe OP ko Kuch Kuch Hota hai? :biggrin:

Translation: Maybe some things happens to OP?

Hahha yeah.

I'm sure OP is very knowledgable on Islam now, hence his decision to take a trip to Mecca. OP can I come with you?
Reply 144
joey11223

This'll probably sound dumb but....

Is there any particular reason a non-Muslim can't go and visit the site?
Original post by Ibz5
Of course. It's an order from Allah in the Quran!
Allah cares about where we spend our holidays ?
Reply 145
Original post by thesilverking

''In the Hanafi school, it is permitted for non-Muslims to enter all mosques, including the Haram of Mecca, as they interpreted the Qur�anic verse

009.028 O you who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year.

to be a specific prohibition against them entering as they did before Islam in the Days of Jahiliyya, in which they entered with their idols, manifested their polytheistic worship, and engaged in reprehensible actions such as performing tawaf while naked.''
interesting

so, perhaps if I promise not to perform tawaf while naked, they would let me in ?
All previous replies to this thread have been relatively pointless as they don't address the OP's main problem.

Regardless of whether or not the OP can 'sneak in' to Mecca (and if he does get caught, the likely punishment is deportation), the fact remains that it is only possible to get a tourist visa to Saudi Arabia if taking part in a group tour. Group tours (for tourists) do not go to Mecca, are few and far between, and very expensive.

It is much easier to get a tourist visa for North Korea than Saudi Arabia. You have to go as part of a group, but it's no hassle at all. There are many countries which are far more difficult to travel to as a tourist than North Korea- Saudi being one of them.

Chernobyl (was mentioned previously) is easy to visit, and well worthwhile.

Quick Reply

Latest