brilld
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What are peoples opinions on Essex and Aston for computer science (placement year). Got an offer from both of these (BBB) for computer science (year in industry) but not sure which one I like the most

For people living at either of these unis what's the campus and area like to live in? (Visited them both) and what's the course like?
hanna343
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Aston

- one of the top for employability
- the course with integrated placement year
- nice campus in the heart of birmingham
Saliency
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Essex is an amazing campus and it's very student orientated.

It's recently been rated in the top 3 for student satisfaction and research.
The course also offers a placement year and the placement officers that aid you with finding a placement are always on hand. I will be starting my placement this summer and I'm so appreciative of all the advice given to me.
Colchester is a medium-large town so it's not as big as Birmingham but it has everything you could ever need on hand and Chelmsford is only a short train ride away.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Have you visited them both? If not, do so
brilld
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Yes
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Read all of this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices

You have MONTHS to make this choice.
shezzk
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi mate, im in the exact same situation as you, same course too. What did you end up going for and how are you finding it?
Uw0tm8_
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Aston, campus is beautiful plus benefits with the placement year youre guaranteed a job after you graduate.
plus its in Birmingham and Birmingham is beauts
geometrix
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I haven't been to either uni, but I live in Colchester which is where Essex. Absolutely love the town, and it's so close to London, which is great!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
42.63%
The paper was reasonable (219)
43.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
9.04%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.3%

Watched Threads