The Student Room Group

Last minute essay writing/revision

Before someone tells me how stupid I am to have left it this long, and that it's my own fault, know that I know this. I know typing a post on a forum won't get my work done for me, only sitting down and trying my best with the time I have will do that

I am in my third year of university. Due to severe mental health issues I have been facing, I did no work over the Christmas break. I have almost written (but not edited) my 5000 word dissertation that is due in next Thursday, but I have put that to one side for my second essay. This essay is due in on Tuesday 14th at 12 noon, and I have done no research at all for it. It is 4000 words and based on three texts (I'm an English student) which are short classical plays

My exam is on the 22nd. It is a seen exam, with the questions being released on the 20th. I have to write on four authors and show knowledge of several of their texts (about 4-5 poems/at least 2 books per author). While I know basic information about each author and have some knowledge of themes etc, I have done absolutely no work for this exam and will need to learn the texts as opposed to revising

Do you think that it's possible for me to not fail horrendously if I work on my essay tonight/tomorrow then revise for at least 8 hours a day from Tuesday?

I'm in a vicious circle where I'm panicking about the amount of work I have to do, then doing nothing because there's just too much, then panicking because i've done nothing...etc.

:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by ElectrasHeart
Before someone tells me how stupid I am to have left it this long, and that it's my own fault, know that I know this. I know typing a post on a forum won't get my work done for me, only sitting down and trying my best with the time I have will do that

I am in my third year of university. Due to severe mental health issues I have been facing, I did no work over the Christmas break. I have almost written (but not edited) my 5000 word dissertation that is due in next Thursday, but I have put that to one side for my second essay. This essay is due in on Tuesday 14th at 12 noon, and I have done no research at all for it. It is 4000 words and based on three texts (I'm an English student) which are short classical plays

My exam is on the 22nd. It is a seen exam, with the questions being released on the 20th. I have to write on four authors and show knowledge of several of their texts (about 4-5 poems/at least 2 books per author). While I know basic information about each author and have some knowledge of themes etc, I have done absolutely no work for this exam and will need to learn the texts as opposed to revising

Do you think that it's possible for me to not fail horrendously if I work on my essay tonight/tomorrow then revise for at least 8 hours a day from Tuesday?

I'm in a vicious circle where I'm panicking about the amount of work I have to do, then doing nothing because there's just too much, then panicking because i've done nothing...etc.

:frown:

You need to explain to someone like your tutor why you've not been able to do any work and get an extension, then break down the work into smaller chunks so it doesn't seem so daunting.

Quick Reply

Latest