French AS Help Watch

yasminzaracc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am studying French AS and going through the textbook to make vocabulary lists for the whole specification- just wondering if anyone has already done the French AQA AS and if so do you have any revision guides or vocabulary? Also, any top tips to get full marks?? I have the oral around 16th March THIS YEAR ((

Thanks in advance DD
IrishChick
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey I am doing AS French this year also, and the book that I am finding great for writing essays and great for writing out answers for orals is 'Mot a Mot', I bought mine on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mot-New-Adva...ords=mot+a+mot

Hope this helps
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by yasminzaracc)
I am studying French AS and going through the textbook to make vocabulary lists for the whole specification- just wondering if anyone has already done the French AQA AS and if so do you have any revision guides or vocabulary? Also, any top tips to get full marks?? I have the oral around 16th March THIS YEAR ((

Thanks in advance DD
Mot à mot is useful, as IrishChick says. Beware, however, of reproducing beautiful phrases and then linking them together with sloppy grammar! A good grammar revision book I recommend to everyone is this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Gramm.../dp/095706120X If you're aiming for top grades your grammar needs to be excellent.

The secret for a top marks in the oral exam is preparation. Make sure you have ready answers for all the sorts of questions the examiner might throw at you - that doesn't mean writing out reams and reams of answers and learning them by heart (although I know some students who do just that); but it means having an idea of what your answer is likely to be. For example, if the examiner asks you Que faites-vous pour rester en forme? you don't want to waste time by having to add up mentally minutes of weekly exercise, and then working out whether or not you are getting your five-a-day!
yasminzaracc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Anna Schoon)
Mot à mot is useful, as IrishChick says. Beware, however, of reproducing beautiful phrases and then linking them together with sloppy grammar! A good grammar revision book I recommend to everyone is this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Gramm.../dp/095706120X If you're aiming for top grades your grammar needs to be excellent.

The secret for a top marks in the oral exam is preparation. Make sure you have ready answers for all the sorts of questions the examiner might throw at you - that doesn't mean writing out reams and reams of answers and learning them by heart (although I know some students who do just that); but it means having an idea of what your answer is likely to be. For example, if the examiner asks you Que faites-vous pour rester en forme? you don't want to waste time by having to add up mentally minutes of weekly exercise, and then working out whether or not you are getting your five-a-day!
(Original post by yasminzaracc)

Thanks in advance DD
Thank you )))
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads