The Student Room Group

Interview Questions

I had a nightmare of an interview last week. I have wrote three questions could anyone give me some advice how I could answer them

Please give me an example of when you have implemented change in your working life
How are you an effective team player, what do you do
Tell me a time when you had to make a decision with limited information
You're either terrible at interview preparation or incredibly lazy; there are multitudes of websites out there that offer fantastic tips for interviews for just these sorts of generic, predictable questions, with explanations of why the question was asked and how you need to answer it.
Harsh, Wanderlust!
Reply 3
Original post by wanderlust.xx
You're either terrible at interview preparation or incredibly lazy; there are multitudes of websites out there that offer fantastic tips for interviews for just these sorts of generic, predictable questions, with explanations of why the question was asked and how you need to answer it.

You are so mean :hmmm: He just wanted some help. The best help is always better from same age people rather than an article written by some journalist on interview tips.
With this question 'Please give me an example of when you have implemented change in your working life' the interviewer wants to check you can deal with change and adapt accordingly, so you will need to think of examples of a time you have coped with change. It may be that new technology was introduced in a holiday job or internship, or you may have been asked to work with a different system of some sort.

'
How are you an effective team player, what do you do' - you need to give examples of when you have been in a team that worked well and describe what you did that helped it work well (maybe football team - set up a facebook group to communicate/reliable - made sure you stood in when necessary etc etc).

'
Tell me a time when you had to make a decision with limited information' - maybe a time you had to work on a piece of university work but couldn't get hold of the information you needed/chose a module or A level with limited information. They are looking at your decision making skills and judgement and want to make sure you are someone who can make sensible decisions under the pressure of not all the facts being clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending