The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature June 2014 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheldor
I'm pretty sure it's Animal Farm, judging by old Examiner's reports. I'm just worried that the other plays were really easy or something! :tongue:
Yeah I was aiming for all A*s and I'm doing English next year so I'm hoping quite badly that it's going to be what I want! I think I'll be OK if I get an A in maths but still not too happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow all A*s? I could never do that as I took the worst combo of subjects and I made a ridiculous amount of mistakes in the science exams and I want to do something in science in the future :/ English a level? I honestly respect anyone who can do that as I think it's hard as it's not just memorising facts.
Original post by Manexopi
Wow all A*s? I could never do that as I took the worst combo of subjects and I made a ridiculous amount of mistakes in the science exams and I want to do something in science in the future :/ English a level? I honestly respect anyone who can do that as I think it's hard as it's not just memorising facts.

I'm probably being too optimistic, this exam period definitely hasn't gone as well as my mocks did. What's your subject combination?
I prefer not having to memorise facts, I get really bored and just want to give up when I have to learn a science revision guide! I like English because you get to be more creative

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any guesses on the grade boundaries for this year? I'm not sure how they'll do it. Whilst I did higher, I hear the Foundation paper was 'Harder'

Anyone got an opinion on that?
Original post by Sheldor
I'm probably being too optimistic, this exam period definitely hasn't gone as well as my mocks did. What's your subject combination?
I prefer not having to memorise facts, I get really bored and just want to give up when I have to learn a science revision guide! I like English because you get to be more creative

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my exams haven't gone as well as my mocks either but hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised on results day (:
I'm doing triple science, textiles(DT is compulsory :/) history, geography, French and Chinese wbu?
See I like subjects like science because I feel confident that I know everything after revising and I can easily tell whether I've done well in an exam or not. Creative subjects are just not my thing and I prefer them more as a hobby.
I hate to bring up an old thread but, is there any chance anybody knows the relationship cluster questions from that exam? Would be much appreciated if someone told me :smile:
Original post by omarharoun3
I DID QUESTION 1

for form i said

Ghazal is a love poem, in which the narrator declares their intense feeling of loves. Throughout the poem, it is evident (through the speaker’s desperation) that the feelings of the speaker are not shared by the object of their affection. The speakers asks their lover to complete her, using pairs of items that complement each other, such as “rhyme” and “refrain”. To His Coy Mistress is a poem based around a mixture of love and lust as the speaker tries to convince his “mistress” that they should seize the day and not hold back from expressing their feelings for each other, and so should go and sleep together. Ghazal is in first person form, addressing her love. Similarly, To His Coy Mistress is also in first person making it clear the poem is a direct appeal.

for structure i said
Ghazal is written in a very old form of ancient poetry, originally from the Middle East. Like traditional Ghazals, this poem is made up of a sequence of couplets. The couplets do not rhyme but the end of each couplet does, partly through the repetition of the word “me”. Likewise, To His Coy Mistress is also made up of couplets but these rhyme. The poem follows the structure of an argument. In the first stanza the speaker explains how he wishes he could spend forever wooing her. In the second stanza he argues that he cannot do this because they won’t live forever. Finally, in the third stanza the speaker talks of grabbing the moment and giving in to the idea of sleeping together. The poem is a dramatic monologue, in the sense that there is only one speaker. In this poem, Marvell expresses a different view on life, making it a metaphysical poem.

Would I get the marks... quote me and reply asap please!!

What was the question?
Original post by gortz1o1
What was the question?

Cheating in a mock won't help you, just try your best, and then you can see where to improve :smile:.
Original post by BBeyond
Cheating in a mock won't help you, just try your best, and then you can see where to improve :smile:.

You sound like my mum, seriously though, Im so nervous because my mock is tomorrow, just tell me please haha
What was the question?

I'm sure you can work out the question from what the person answered
Original post by ozzie2
I'm sure you can work out the question from what the person answered

Just tell me
Just tell me

How can you know your actual grade you will get in English if you cheat on mocks. I never understood why people do this. You won't get a true representation of where you are at in English
Original post by ozzie2
How can you know your actual grade you will get in English if you cheat on mocks. I never understood why people do this. You won't get a true representation of where you are at in English

It's not an official mock its an in-class thing and its gonna determine whether I do foundation or not, I've been on course for higher all through school but a few dodgy coursework grades have messed that up, please MY FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT!!!
Reply 632
What are the topics that could come up for inspector calls?
Reply 633
Original post by iWillWalker23
No problems. For of mice and men again, make 5 or 6 points about the extract, then 5 or 6 with the rest of the novel, and then a couple of paragraphs about social relevance then and now; and also your personal connection with Of Mice and Men (it's cheesy, but unfortunately part of the mark scheme :frown: )

'Then 5 or 6 with the rest of the novel' is that for section B
Reply 634
No problems. For of mice and men again, make 5 or 6 points about the extract, then 5 or 6 with the rest of the novel, and then a couple of paragraphs about social relevance then and now; and also your personal connection with Of Mice and Men (it's cheesy, but unfortunately part of the mark scheme :frown: )

Is this for section B?
Reply 635

What do you mean by social relavence?
For anyone doing the exams this year, what do you think will come up? Im doing OMAM, The Crucible and Relationships Poetry.

For OMAM, i think Candy or Curley. Strong feeling for Curley
For The Crucible, i think either Elizabeth, Danforth, Abby or Parris. Strong feeling for Danforth
For Relationships, i think To His Coy Mistress, almost definitely

Quick Reply

Latest