The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

AUB entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I received my unconditional offer last autumn, I applied for the year 2014. So excited to start in September!
I really don't know if AUB is hard to get into, I sent my application almost two months after the deadline and they asked for my portfolio. After that I got a conditional offer, only needing to do an IELTS test more to get the conditional offer as an international applicant. So after the test I got my conditional offer :-) I was so happy! Good luck to everyone with your applications and interviews!!!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 61
Probably a tad premature, but I am just still buzzing from getting a place! What do you think you're going to do for accommodation now there are new halls for 2014? Apply for them or go down the housing route?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
I didn't get a place, but when I looked around I was initially intending to go for the AUB halls, until I saw the guide price. Not sure I could afford that much on a basic loan. Have they issued exact prices yet? I would have had to work but I want to give all to my course too. The AUB has an age-old housemate choosing accommodation system and I thought I would go that route as there would be even more houses to choose from if new halls are opening.

In the end, AUB rejected me but I have an unconditional elsewhere and am applying for halls there (not all that far away from Bournemouth) and they are 112pw.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by jenr
Hey, good luck with your interview :smile:
I had my interview for the interior and architectual design course on friday and I think it went ok, it was so casual so makes it a little more relaxing! let me know how you get on!!:smile:

Aw thanks!:smile:
I'll let you know when I've had mine, is AUB your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmkmkm
Hey everyone! I thought I would start a thread for all those who have applied, got a place or waiting to hear back for a course at the University of the Arts Bournemouth! I am hoping to study Costume with Performance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya :smile: Just accepted my place at AUB for Arts and Events Management and wondering who else has? A little bit nervous about going and meeting people!!!

(only a conditional place, but i've accepted it as my firm :smile: )
Reply 65
Original post by becksleigh
Aw thanks!:smile:
I'll let you know when I've had mine, is AUB your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really sure yet, I'm torn between Bournemouth and a course at Bath Spa. Is it your first choice?
Reply 66
Original post by jenr
Not really sure yet, I'm torn between Bournemouth and a course at Bath Spa. Is it your first choice?

Not really, my first choice is nottingham Trent, I've got an offer from them but can't decide what my back up should be:frown: I like the look of AUB though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by becksleigh
Not really, my first choice is nottingham Trent, I've got an offer from them but can't decide what my back up should be:frown: I like the look of AUB though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! yeah the uni is really nice, smaller than most I have been around but all in all good:smile: The thing that kind of puts me off is the accomadation though..
Reply 68
I had an interview for Graphic Design a few days ago and now ive found out I got an unconditional offer. So happy. Think ill be accepting them!
Reply 69
I've just got my place at AUB :smile: I'll be doing Make-Up for Media and Performance. SO EXCITED!!
Reply 70
Wooooo well done guys :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
What accomadation has everyone applied (applying) for?
Reply 72
Original post by DanniT28
What accomadation has everyone applied (applying) for?

Haven't yet decided, but I think I am going to go for one of the halls. Winton or the brand new one! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by kmkmkm
Haven't yet decided, but I think I am going to go for one of the halls. Winton or the brand new one! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive put my first choice as the new ones and second as on campus, really hope I get the new ones, I'd love to be in the centre.
Reply 74
Hii! I've also made AUB my 'firm' option too to study Arts & Event Management! Feeling nervous too haha
Reply 75
Got a place for Animation Production! :smile:
Reply 76
I just got an offer for Animation Prodution as well :biggrin:
I got an offer for the Film production course :smile: SOOOO excited ^_^
Reply 78
Original post by ritaldraw
I just got an offer for Animation Prodution as well :biggrin:

Congrats ^-^ I'm so nervous! Out of interest, do you know what halls or accommodation you'll apply for?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by beabird
Congrats ^-^ I'm so nervous! Out of interest, do you know what halls or accommodation you'll apply for?

Me too! But super excited :biggrin: I'm thinking about applying to either the halls on campus or the Madeira Road ones :smile: what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest