Ass really hurts, no clue what to do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ok, basically my anus is really hurting. It feels really tight. Moving is uncomfortable. I'll go to school and won't really notice it, and then when I'm home it kicks in and really hurts. The worst part is touching it - when cleaning myself after going to the toilet, it really hurts, so I'm careful and can't wipe much without it really hurting.

It's so bloody uncomfortable and painful. This has been happening for a week or two now, and I'm thinking now that it doesn't seem to be going away so maybe I should do something about it.

In the nicest way of saying this, nothing's been up there recently - it's been a few months since I last had sex. (I'm gay)

Any ideas on what to do? I'm at a bit of a loss.
Pariah
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Go to the doctor?
Anonymous #1
Hmm I don't really want to :/

Does anyone know what this might be?
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hmm I don't really want to :/

Does anyone know what this might be?
You will have to go to your GP sooner or later, it is up to you. I wouldn't ask for advice on the internet.
chloelg
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Going to the GP is your best bet. You might need treatment which you can only get from a doctor and a doctor is probably going to be more helpful than a bunch of teenagers on the internet.
Hope you get sorted!
nohomo
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I had ass pain a few months ago. It turned out I had been eating too much spicy food recently. I stopped eating spicy food and it went away. Could this be your problem?
Anonymous #1
I guess I'll have to. It's just a bit awkward really

(Original post by nohomo)
I had ass pain a few months ago. It turned out I had been eating too much spicy food recently. I stopped eating spicy food and it went away. Could this be your problem?
I don't like spicy food so no.
Pariah
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I guess I'll have to. It's just a bit awkward really .
Dude there is nothing your gp won't have seen before. Get it looked at just to make sure it isn't serious.
Thorax
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It's most likely either a hemmoroid or a fissure. You might want to get some cream from the chemist and see if it helps.

However if you've been having unprotected anal sex then of course there is the possibility of an sti...

Only you know how you feel, and whether you need to see a doctor or not. They see bums ( and much worse things) every day. If the pain continues or worsens then you really should get it checked out to see if you have an abcess or something. Like I said, only you can answer that one.
Coffinman
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It took until the 9th post until someone came up with a sensible answer. :rolleyes:
Do sexual health clinics take care of non STI problems?
Coffinman
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
You will have to go to your GP sooner or later, it is up to you. I wouldn't ask for advice on the internet.
Great, let's scrap the health forum on that basis.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Coffinman)
Great, let's scrap the health forum on that basis.
Posters can guess all they want, I know that I would rather go to my GP, get an examination and advice. An examination can't be done over the internet.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Thorax)
It's most likely either a hemmoroid or a fissure. You might want to get some cream from the chemist and see if it helps.

However if you've been having unprotected anal sex then of course there is the possibility of an sti...

Only you know how you feel, and whether you need to see a doctor or not. They see bums ( and much worse things) every day. If the pain continues or worsens then you really should get it checked out to see if you have an abcess or something. Like I said, only you can answer that one.
I am worried it's an STI :/ I'm a bit depressed and lonely so I have been sleeping with loads of people - but I always make them use a condom so it can't be an STI since as far as I know the condoms have never broken.

(Original post by Coffinman)
It took until the 9th post until someone came up with a sensible answer. :rolleyes:
Do sexual health clinics take care of non STI problems?
Heh, yeah that surprised me too, lots of unhelpful people not understanding the point of this forum.

A sexual health clinic might be an idea as I'd know them less than I know my GP (I don't know my GP but idk it's just more awkward)
username677182
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I would suggest you visit the doctors, you can request to see a doctor other than your regular one if you do feel embarrassed. If you still don't feel comfortable with that, I would suggest going to a Family Health Clinic.

Please see - http://www.healthcommunities.com/ana...th/index.shtml
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice, I've got a GP appointment on Thursday now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (58)
12.55%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.41%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
9.31%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (216)
46.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.25%

Watched Threads