Splenge007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does AAA fall into A*AA-A*AB?

If you put one of module grades down does that mean you can't retake it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
x__justmyluck
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not sure if it does or not, you'd have to check with the uni, does it specify which subject the A* needs to be in?

You can put in module grades then put the module again as pending to show you're resitting.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Splenge007)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends what you mean by 'fall into'. If you get offers of A*AA or A*AB and achieve AAA you have failed to meet them. While some universities might accept AAA as equivalent to A*AB, others might not.
Splenge007
Rep:
?
(Original post by x__justmyluck)
I'm not sure if it does or not, you'd have to check with the uni, does it specify which subject the A* needs to be in?

You can put in module grades then put the module again as pending to show you're resitting.
Doesn't say they want a specific grade for a specific grade.

For one of my modules I put the grade down instead of pending. I'm just wondering if it would be a bad idea to resit that.

(Original post by ageshallnot)
It depends what you mean by 'fall into'. If you get offers of A*AA or A*AB and achieve AAA you have failed to meet them. While some universities might accept AAA as equivalent to A*AB, others might not.
I'm predicted 3A's and one of the unis I'm applying to has those grades as their requiement in their website. Was meant to be predicted A* dor one of my subjects but that got changed last minute.
Is it best to ask the uni if they'll consider my application with 3A's as my predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I'm predicted 3A's and one of the unis I'm applying to has those grades as their requiement in their website. Was meant to be predicted A* dor one of my subjects but that got changed last minute.
Is it best to ask the uni if they'll consider my application with 3A's as my predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assuming you apply by the 15th, universities MUST 'consider' your application. With predictions of AAA you are fairly likely to receive an offer (given a decent reference/PS), but if a uni quotes A*AA/A*AB then the lower is often a 'contextual' offer for applicants from poor schools etc. That is not necessarily always the case, however, so the reasonable thing to do is apply, but to recognise that any offer could well be at A*AA and plan your other choices accordingly.
Splenge007
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Assuming you apply by the 15th, universities MUST 'consider' your application. With predictions of AAA you are fairly likely to receive an offer (given a decent reference/PS), but if a uni quotes A*AA/A*AB then the lower is often a 'contextual' offer for applicants from poor schools etc. That is not necessarily always the case, however, so the reasonable thing to do is apply, but to recognise that any offer could well be at A*AA and plan your other choices accordingly.
Oh lol I meant if they'll bother looking at my application because AAA might be lower than their requirement. My application is sent off

Other choices want aaa , aab and BBB. Sound good?

My college is one of those that can get contextual offers.

I think ill ring up the uni to find out their contextual offer for my couse. Last I checked it was aab but that was a Hard copy

Posted from TSR Mobile
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh lol I meant if they'll bother looking at my application because AAA might be lower than their, as mentioned. My application is sent off

Other choices wanted aaa , aab and BBB. Sound good?

My college is one of those that can get contextual offers.

I think ill ring up the uni to find out their contextual offer for my couse. Last I checked it was aab but that was a Hard copy

Posted from TSR Mobile
All sounds good, stop worrying...!!!
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, AAA does not fall into A*AA-A*AB. Whilst it is worth the same number of UCAS points as A*AB, you will still have technically failed to meet the entrance requirements and university is fully within their rights to reject you on that basis (and indeed probably would).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads