The Student Room Group

And so I've fallen into that trap...

Yep, I'm sure everyone's bored of hearing people say this kind of story but I really want some advice.

My best girl friend has a boyfriend. And I'm starting to fall for her. Well I have, I just want to be with her. And she and her boyfriend were about to break up and she was telling me all about it because we're like best friends, and I kinda got excited i guess (that's when i realised i was into her) and now i just get sad when i see her i guess?

Ugh, stress. What do I do? I hate feeling like this.

(Oh and anon because i'm embarrassed i guess?)
Leave. You're too far into the friend zone.
Reply 2
Wait for nature to take its course.
Reply 3
This is difficult because it will stress you out whatever happens! You don't want to be her rebound, that's not good. You also want to show respect by giving her some time to get over her boyfriend if they do break up. Even if you were to tell her now that you like her and she says she kind of likes you but needs time to get over her boyfriend, it will still be stressing you out until you get a straight yes or no!

If it were me in your situation, I would tell her I like her, but just say you couldn't help but be honest with her, don't let her feel pressurised to be with you. Let her know you are there for her and want her to be happy. It will still stress you out still, but hopefully less because you won't be hiding your feelings from her. How does that sound to you?
Are you sure that you were excited when you found out she'd be single not because you're into her, but because her bf was taking up too much time and you wanted her as a friend? Is it just her company you want, or do you actually want something more? If you just want the former, it's not a girlfriend you're looking for, but your best friend back.
Reply 5
You're in the friendzone. Move on, meet other girls. If she hasn't heard from you in a while, she might start to miss you. But you may also meet a cool new girl.
Reply 6
Thanks for the responses!

right, well, firstly, nothing has changed about our friendship since she's been with her bf. we've been really, really good friends for two years now. my best mate's always said somethings going to happen between us and so have tons of my friends. and we've actually spoken about it, shes always said that its plausible that we could go down that path which obviously makes it way harder for me to just be like 'friendzoned - move on!'. Because she's even said it to me whilst she's been with her bf (of 9 months!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending