abbiehj1998
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have been given the titles for the art gcse and I am really struggling to come up with a theme for my coursework to do with one of the headings has anyone got any out of the box ideas for the headings

openings

disguise

atmosphere

on the edge

edge to edge

texture

fragments

if anyone has any ideas please share them it will really help
abbiehj1998
Rep:
?
Thank you I just wanted some ideas from other people because I find these topics really uninspiring and hoped someone could give me a different viewpoint

Posted from TSR Mobile
Minerva98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I'm doing this! I'm doing disguise. I have chosen to do it on the artist Miguel Vallinas, who merges animals with humans. With disguise you can look at different masks as well. What topics are you thinking about? I have a list of artists for each one, and ideas, so I am happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbiehj1998
Rep:
?
I was thinking of doing openings and an opening to a new world like Alice in wonderland or disguise and do camouflage and soldiers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Minerva98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My friends doing openings using Alice in Wonderland, I'll ask her for the artist now. The camouflage sounds great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mkeafnej31298431
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I want to create a long story board of scenes from a fairy tale. Hopefully this fits the theme, fragments...they are fragments of a story I guess
getjob5
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
Im doing Disguise, and thinking of taking photos of people faces and altering them in various ways, also looking at different cultures,
abbiehj1998
Rep:
?
There all really good ideas thanks everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
JessClaire
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Abbie, what I've done is mind map all the different starting points and narrowed it down to the ones I have the most ides for. By doing this you are bound to find an idea you like or feel you can achieve.
ThePhoenixLament
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My friend did an Alice in Wonderland themed project for our exam last year (Forces) and he looked at a lot of Tim Burton's art.
A mind map as said before me is the best way to go. You'll find you'll have more branches for the ones you're most enthusiastic about. Openings and Disguise sound like the ones you could do the most varied work on. Actually I quite like Disguise- I'd probably do it on hiding a mental illness or something if I were given that topic.
JessClaire
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm still deciding between fragments, openings and disguise. Still unsure which one to do :/ if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them please
abbiehj1998
Rep:
?
(Original post by JessClaire)
Hi Abbie, what I've done is mind map all the different starting points and narrowed it down to the ones I have the most ides for. By doing this you are bound to find an idea you like or feel you can achieve.
Hey Jess 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbiehj1998
Rep:
?
I think I have decided what I'm going to do, thank you everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
JessClaire
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abbiehj1998)
I think I have decided what I'm going to do, thank you everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi Abbie :P that's good that you know what you're going to do. If you have any ideas for disguise or fragments please tell me
JRushton
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have loads of ideas for Disguise, alter egos like ziggy stardust/Bowie, superheroes etc, Camouflage/army/animals eg. chameleon who use disguise to survive. The problem I am having is what materials and how to give it the wow factor ....any ideas would really be appreciated
randomtom123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys, I decided to choose the theme of fragmentation. Could you tell me which artists I could research please?
seeedy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi i am doing textures and i am looking at an artist called carne grifiiths but his some of his work could link to fragments
Elliejellie321
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm deciding between atmospheres, disguise and openings.. anyone got any ideas for atmospheres and openings in particular??
artymaniac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by seeedy)
hi i am doing textures and i am looking at an artist called carne grifiiths but his some of his work could link to fragments
]
Hi there im doing textures too how r u approaching this title? im doing animal textures!
Jesscur97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I'm doing edges,like on the edge does anyone have any ideas thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (77)
37.2%
I really love the subject (53)
25.6%
I don't know what else to do (26)
12.56%
I can't get a job (15)
7.25%
My parents want me to (5)
2.42%