AQA GCSE triple science revision tools? Watch

mkeafnej31298431
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm taking the exams this year, but I think my class is REALLY behind! We spent 6 months learning about the electromagnetic spectrum and we've only just learnt about atoms...which is stupid since we've been learning about electrolysis and chemical reactions without the knowledge of atoms. -_-

Can anyone tell me some useful links or books to look at? I have the AQA revision guides, but I always feel like having more than one source of revision is better, because if you don't understand how the book explains something, you will have something else to fall back on.
okay.itsdrwho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would use past papers to see what the exam questions are like and how you need to word your answers to get the marks. BBC bitesize - while it's not amazing it still gives a least a basic overview for you. Then I would recommend going to your head of science and asking them if there were any things the school could do to offer, like tutors or a one on one session with your teacher. The AQA revision guides are good, but like you said you do need other resources to get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay.itsdrwho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, also I use gcsescience.com and I look through YouTube to find videos of reactions and explanations from a voice ( this helps me with chemistry and It will help you if you learn better by hearing things)

Posted from TSR Mobile
N3RO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lauralaughsalot)
I'm taking the exams this year, but I think my class is REALLY behind! We spent 6 months learning about the electromagnetic spectrum and we've only just learnt about atoms...which is stupid since we've been learning about electrolysis and chemical reactions without the knowledge of atoms. -_-

Can anyone tell me some useful links or books to look at? I have the AQA revision guides, but I always feel like having more than one source of revision is better, because if you don't understand how the book explains something, you will have something else to fall back on.
Like some others mentioned, looking over specimen papers and past papers will give you an idea of what level of knowledge you will be expected to know in a certain topic. There are some good YouTube videos out there too on topics but I personally wouldn't recommend BBC Bitesize since it is very basic - it is built for everyone A*-C to understand the information, if you're aiming at A/A* I would suggest talking to your teacher about it. Personally I would say that the AQA books have everything you need in them, for certain subjects such as Biology I use the CGP book to revise from and for Physics a great textbook by TOM DUNCAN called 'GCSE Physics' (3rd Edition) - but beware this book does go into slightly more detail than required but if you're thinking of taking a science at A-Level, what you learn from this book will be beneficial.

Good Luck!
Lottie_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/user/myGCSEscience - this has a video on every topic in the aqa science (as far as I am aware) these are quite helpful videos if you learn well in that way and also hank green (john green's brother) does some good science videos http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse
Charlottehall96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used the textbook, past papers, mark schemes and extra revision sessions from my teacher (if your teacher is willing then these are seriously helpful!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?