The Student Room Group

A Level Choices

Hiya guys
i am in year 11 at the moment and I'm not sure on what i should take for my A Levels, so far for my GCSE's i have taken
Geography, History, Sociology, Business and French.
I like Geography as a subject and love everything i learn within it, i absolutely HATE Business so that's a no no. I don't mind Sociology or History. Im thinking on taking Biology as i find biology interesting and just generally like the subject than Chemistry and Physics. But the thing is i have heard that taking one science is not recommended but i hate chemistry and physics. :/ Also i'm thinking on taking Maths as i do like and enjoy Maths. My current maths grade is a B :/ Is Maths really that hard at Alevels? I am just so confused! Thank You!
Maths is very hard at Alevel. you can't even compare it to GCSE.

I do sociology, economics and business at alevel and i would recommend sociology for alevel, but if you prefer going on the route of 'pretigious' then pick history as it is a Hard alevel.

ALL in all, id say pick WHAT YOU WANT. except for courses like medicine. and i'd say Sciences in gcse and alevel are two DIFFERENT ball games!
Reply 2
Original post by jennifer.tariah
Maths is very hard at Alevel. you can't even compare it to GCSE.

I do sociology, economics and business at alevel and i would recommend sociology for alevel, but if you prefer going on the route of 'pretigious' then pick history as it is a Hard alevel.

ALL in all, id say pick WHAT YOU WANT. except for courses like medicine. and i'd say Sciences in gcse and alevel are two DIFFERENT ball games!

Yeah I have heard a lot of people say that about Maths :s-smilie: I don't really know what physiology is about but heard its really interesting and linked to biology. I just hope i pick the right subjects in the end! Thank you for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest