isabelwestlake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi
I'm looking for a chemistry exercise book that has all the types of calculation questions in the A2 syllabus with a walk through then practise examples. I have found that my school text book (the OCR A2 text book) is really unhelpful as half the style questions in ppqs aren't in there/ theres only one example!! If anyone could give any recommendations that would be really helpful.
Thanks.
PurpleSquid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i have the jim clark calc textbook: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations.../dp/0582411270
i don't think it's exam board specific but i think it has all the calculations you'll need with a ton of worked examples and practice questions (with worked solutions that are easy to follow) so it's pretty decent~
Hades_M
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I second the book the previous user mentioned, I purchased the same one and it is quite a useful revision tool
isabelwestlake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by PurpleSquid)
i have the jim clark calc textbook: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations.../dp/0582411270
i don't think it's exam board specific but i think it has all the calculations you'll need with a ton of worked examples and practice questions (with worked solutions that are easy to follow) so it's pretty decent~
Ok thanks! Do you know if there are examples of the redox equations? (e,g titrations/half cells?)
PurpleSquid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by isabelwestlake)
Ok thanks! Do you know if there are examples of the redox equations? (e,g titrations/half cells?)
i had a quick look and there's a redox topic (which focuses on equations and oxidation numbers) and then there's a separate titration chapter which is more general. i then had a look in the index and yes, half cells are covered in the redox topic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?