The Student Room Group

He said he didn't want a relationship...

So a year a go I was seeing a guy ( a friend of friend). It faded out as he didn't make much effort. A few months later the guy starts hanging around with us and we become friends. I started to develop feelings for him and he told me he didn't want a relationship. He wanted sex though and was texting me sexy things I didn't say sexy stuff back. Then he blanked me. Now he is telling people in my friendship group he wants a girlfriend ( not me). I feel really hurt and I feel like I can't put a brave face on it. I feel insulted but no one in the group understands they just think it is great he has decided to get a girlfriend. Should I say how I feel and that I don't want to speak about him( to my friends) and his potential gf or just put a brave face on it and act like I don't care. I feel awful.The guy even admitted he never had feelings for me ever.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nah just leave it, if he doesn't want you, you have to move on.
Reply 2
Just a case that he isn't into you. The only thing you can do is figure out why that is - are you two a good mix? Not compatible? What does he see that you don't?

Or:

Get hammered and hit a strip club. Universal solution to everything.
Reply 3
Original post by Amandablanks
So a year a go I was seeing a guy ( a friend of friend). It faded out as he didn't make much effort. A few months later the guy starts hanging around with us and we become friends. I started to develop feelings for him and he told me he didn't want a relationship. He wanted sex though and was texting me sexy things I didn't say sexy stuff back. Then he blanked me. Now he is telling people in my friendship group he wants a girlfriend ( not me). I feel really hurt and I feel like I can't put a brave face on it. I feel insulted but no one in the group understands they just think it is great he has decided to get a girlfriend. Should I say how I feel and that I don't want to speak about him( to my friends) and his potential gf or just put a brave face on it and act like I don't care. I feel awful.The guy even admitted he never had feelings for me ever.

At least he was honest with you. Ok, not totally honest, but he could have played you, loved you and left you. And to be fair to him, it's pretty hard to say to someone "I might want a relationship, just not with you, I just don't like you that much. However, I do find you attractive enough to want to have sex with. Sex?".

I know it's ****ty, but everyone faces rejection at some point. Gotta try and move on.
Reply 4
He didn't seem like he was willing to get to know you enough for a relationship at the time.

Now you can't be sure that he really does want a girlfriend, he might just be telling himself that but in the end he might not be able to commit.

In the end you want a relationship with someone who definitely wants a relationship as well, and this guy doesn't seem very reliable or consistent with that, so just move on. He would probably just hurt you.
Reply 5
Seems like an unreliable chap to say the least, I'd just forget about him. Looks like all he wanted was sex! You deserve way better than that :hugs:

Is he telling people that he wants a girlfriend who isn't you specifically, or just that he doesn't want a girlfriend? Either way, sounds like a (seven-letter word beginning with ph and ending with t :wink:. Definitely not worth your time, IMO!
Reply 6
Urgh - why is this guy in your friendship group?. I personally think you're a better person than I could ever be.
Don't do a meet the friends with some random guy unless he's serious about you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending