Edexcel History Unit 3 Help!!

Watch this thread
ellenbazley
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi everyone,

I am in currently revising for Unit 3 of the Edexcel specification for History and am really struggling with writing good essays, especially for the sources question in Section B. I find it really hard to make good use of the sources and how I can tie my own outside knowledge in. Would anyone be willing to share their essays with me so I can see where I'm going wrong? I'm studying the American Civil War but essays on any era would be great - it's not the knowledge I'm struggling with, just putting it down on paper! I am currently at around a B grade but need to get at least an A for my final exam in June so am feeling the pressure!!

Thank you,

Ellen
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Pandora.
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ellenbazley)
Hi everyone,

I am in currently revising for Unit 3 of the Edexcel specification for History and am really struggling with writing good essays, especially for the sources question in Section B. I find it really hard to make good use of the sources and how I can tie my own outside knowledge in. Would anyone be willing to share their essays with me so I can see where I'm going wrong? I'm studying the American Civil War but essays on any era would be great - it's not the knowledge I'm struggling with, just putting it down on paper! I am currently at around a B grade but need to get at least an A for my final exam in June so am feeling the pressure!!

Thank you,

Ellen
I can PM you one of my essays on Sunday night if you'd like. It got 32/40 I think, but I can write up the teacher annotations too so you can where I could have improved my answer. It's not on the American Civil War (I would have loved to do that!), but if it's just the source integration you need help with it might be useful.

Just let me know if you'd like me to send it to you!
ellenbazley
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
That would be absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much!!
Pandora.
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
No problem, I'll PM you it soon. I might need to type it up, so it could be a little while haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads