The Student Room Group

need help

I want to be a Psychiatrists, for now I have received an offer from the city university for the phycology course, which is a renowned university for psychology and I would be happy to join; so please somebody tell me what further courses do I need to do in order to become a psychiatrists ? how many more years from the degree and what experiences if I needs any? I would b so much of help if anyone could answer, thank you :smile:
Reply 1
You have to do a medicine degree to become a psychiatrist, you can't do it through psychology. However, you could use your psychology degree to get into graduate entry medicine which is a bit shorter than the normal medicine degree. After that you would train as a psychiatrist :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi,

I'm thinking about doing a Neuroscience course in university but I want to be a psychiatrist - will I be able to train to become a psychiatrist straight after my neuroscience degree or do I HAVE to do a medicine degree (either graduate or undergraduate)?
Reply 3
You have to do a medicine degree, either graduate or undergraduate, there's no other way to become a psychiatrist :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ok, thank you!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest