The Student Room Group

When did you stop growing? (girls)

Hi, can you tell me when you guys stopped growing please? Also, did all of you have a growth spurt and at what age?

Scroll to see replies

I was always about average height or a bit above then I grew about six inches in year 6 so was really tall all of a sudden. I then grew a bit more in year 8 I think, but haven't really done at all since and now everyone's overtaken me...

I remember being told I looked like a year 9 in year 7. The problem is, I'm now in year 13 and still look like a year 9 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I had a spurt at 11/12 (roughly about the same time I started my periods and developing boobs) and stopped growing at 13 maybe 14. I remember being one of the tallest in my year and people telling me I was going to end up being tall as I was 5'3 when I was 12 yet Im now 29 and Ive only grown an extra inch since then :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Probably at about 14. But I feel like I've been 5ft 4 forever :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Think it was at 16.
I was really really short (think shortest in the damn class) up until I was 15, where I had a massive growth spurt, now 5'7. Stopped growing about 16.
I stopped at 12, I'm shrinking a bit now! I had a spurt when I was 10 or 11 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think most people have their biggest growth spurts in year 7 or 8 (12/13) because they usually start school looking really tiny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Around 15 or 16. I was always the tallest at primary school but then I averaged out.
usually, your feet stop growing about four years before you stop growing height wise (or so the man in the pointe shoe shop told me - seems about right though) :smile:
I stopped growing at around 11 at 5'2
I stopped growing at about 13 or 14
My feet stopped growing when I was about 11 and I stopped growing at 15. In primary school I used to be really short but now I'm 5ft 9.
Original post by cherrypiez
Hi, can you tell me when you guys stopped growing please? Also, did all of you have a growth spurt and at what age?

13, had a growth spurt when i was around 10
Reply 14
my sister is 15 in a few months, will she stop growing soon, do you think? whilst i am still growing, i really don't want her to be taller than me.
Reply 15
12 or something, I was a giant in elementary school and a dwarf ever since.
I had a growth spurt at 12-13, didn't grow at all from 14-18 and then started again. I've grown at least an inch in the last month or so. :dontknow:
When I was about 11. I don't think I ever had a growth spurt-it's always been a gradual thing then I just stopped growing when I reached 5ft :mad:
Surprisingly, I actually grew an inch between the ages of 16 and 17. I was 5"6 at 16 and then when I was measured last year I was 5"7. But before then I hadn't grown since I was around 13

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
i got my height spurt at about 11 and stopped growing at like 13 (im 5"4)

Quick Reply

Latest