The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Latin Lit June 2013

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by a-spiringmedic
Does anyone have the OCR GCSE Latin Lit June 2013 past papers with mark schemes? I need them asap, before tomorrow! x

I've been looking for them too, can't find any for after june 2012, why do you need them?
The June 2013 papers won't go up on the OCR website until the Easter I shouldn't think.. x
Original post by Bazbaz
I've been looking for them too, can't find any for after june 2012, why do you need them?

I need them for revision aha and for my mocks :colondollar:
Reply 4
I need them for revision aha and for my mocks :colondollar:

I've just done the papers today and yesterday, what texts are you doing?
Original post by Bazbaz
I've just done the papers today and yesterday, what texts are you doing?

Tomorrow I have the Aeneid book 12 and then I have Plinny (the letter about the sick woman) on friday If you could help me i'd be very very grateful! (can you briefly summarise what's on the paper please!)
Reply 6
Tomorrow I have the Aeneid book 12 and then I have Plinny (the letter about the sick woman) on monday :smile: If you could help me i'd be very very grateful! (can you briefly summarise what's on the paper please!)

So you've not done Sagae Thessalae? because tons of my 2nd lit paper was on Sagae Thessalae, then there was a little bit at the end where we translated some Pliny, (from the Blaesus section).

If your Aeneid paper is the same as mine (although mine did look like it was a department written one on the outside, but the mocks are supposed to be past papers right?) Theres a 10 marker on the extended Bulls simile.

Those are the main things I remember. :smile:
Original post by Bazbaz
So you've not done Sagae Thessalae? because tons of my 2nd lit paper was on Sagae Thessalae, then there was a little bit at the end where we translated some Pliny, (from the Blaesus section).

If your Aeneid paper is the same as mine (although mine did look like it was a department written one on the outside, but the mocks are supposed to be past papers right?) Theres a 10 marker on the extended Bulls simile.

Those are the main things I remember. :smile:

Do you remember what part the 5 mark translation is? Thats a main part I have to nail. And for Sagae Thessalae, we haven't done the text yet so it isn't going to be on the paper. Also what are the questions like? Any latin needed to be translated? (I'm concentrating on the Aenied for now )
Reply 8
Do you remember what part the 5 mark translation is? Thats a main part I have to nail. And for Sagae Thessalae, we haven't done the text yet so it isn't going to be on the paper. Also what are the questions like? Any latin needed to be translated? (I'm concentrating on the Aenied for now )

Well the 5 marker I got was the bit about Jupiter holding up 2 scales. A lot of the questions ask you to refer to the Latin, so any Latin you quote needs to be translated
I haven't done a 2012 paper mock on the Aeniad yet, as I'm doing that now, but the 5-marker for the sagae thessalae is about the weasel turning and leaving :smile:
Reply 10
the 2013 paper we did doesn't have any Sagae Thessalae translation
Sorry..I meant the 2013 paper
Original post by Bazbaz
Well the 5 marker I got was the bit about Jupiter holding up 2 scales. A lot of the questions ask you to refer to the Latin, so any Latin you quote needs to be translated

I had it today, I was really scared but it was nothing to be that worried about! I hadn't learnt the Aenied at all, but I just made it all up and I think I got 50% in the exam. Thats fine for me, as if I had learnt it I would of gotten a lot higher.
P.s. We had the 2013 paper, I think your paper was a department one x
Reply 13
I had it today, I was really scared but it was nothing to be that worried about! I hadn't learnt the Aenied at all, but I just made it all up and I think I got 50% in the exam. Thats fine for me, as if I had learnt it I would of gotten a lot higher.
P.s. We had the 2013 paper, I think your paper was a department one x

Oh sorry, I realised it probably was after I told you, we haven't quite finished learning the Aeneid :s-smilie: the other lit paper was definitely the 2013 paper though :smile:

Quick Reply