happyandyouknowit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I'm currently doing my AS levels (Year 12) with a view to study geography at University (ideally Russell group) and was wondering if you definitively need to study a science in order to do geography (preferably human) and under graduate level?

Anyone currently doing geography and could tell me how they find it please reply!

Thanks,
ljb.95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im in year 13 and I do English Language, Geography and Media studies and I got an offer from Birmingham University
moggington
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have offers from Sheffield, UEA and King's, and had an interview at Manchester yesterday with no science subjects at A Level - I took Chemistry AS and dropped it mid-year because I got a U in Unit 1 (back when we had January exams) but I didn't declare that on my application.

Some universities like a science for the BSc, but if you're looking at BA Geography (leaning more towards the human side) this definitely won't be held against you in any way. Either a rounded set of A Levels or social-science based A Levels are an ideal start for studying Geography at undergraduate level - I study Geography, Government and Politics and Economics.
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
of course it depends on which course/uni but i have received 5 offers for a mix of physical or human courses and they didn't require a science in terms of biology chemistry or physics. 2 courses wanted a science but there list of sciences included things like psychology and geography itself. check on the uni's website or email the admissions tutor to be sure though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (640)
48.56%
No (678)
51.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed