how pretentious can you get
that's just a stereotype dude
Lightdan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I went to a private primary and a state high school. I personally prefer being at state school, the people are a lot less braggy and you get brought up with people from all background not just rich white people.
Snowtigercadet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was new to a private school in sixth form and it was the start of two of the best years of my school life and I am happy that my parents were able to afford for me to go. Just like if I went to any school, it took me a few weeks to be a part of a friendship group but once I made close friends, I started taking part in inter-house activities and I felt like a part of a community because the school was so small and everyone wanted to work hard like me. I fit in a lot better there than at the local comprehensive.
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I went to private school from 2005-2016, and now I'm self-teaching
lracster
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
What sort of people are popular at private schools?
rich people
Anjali Tailor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
boys who go to state schools are absolute pricks. they way they treat and talk about girls in disgusting and honestly predatory. They are also quite stupid and uneducated
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
I know there has been a thread on private schools versus state schools, but I was wondering if anyone, who has preferably been to both, could tell me if there are any differences in what the people are like, their friendlinesses, personalities, attitudes and any snobbery (if applicable). Did you feel welcome when you arrived? Was bullying more/ less common?

I'm just interested to find out as I know there are a lot of misconceptions in this area.

Thanks
I went to a state school but when I've been out in Windsor the kids from Eton behave awfully fighting trying to hit each other with glass bottles I had a good mind to complain.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
I went to a state school but when I've been out in Windsor the kids from Eton behave awfully fighting trying to hit each other with glass bottles I had a good mind to complain.
lol goes to show money can't always buy you class
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%