Lelcats
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Decided to start a thread for those who have applied or are applying to study Pharmacology in 2014. Couldn't find one via search and the last one I found was way back in 2011!

General pharmacology ITT.. Applications, offers, interviews and the likes.

Good luck everyone!
AliBachir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I was looking for a Pharmacology thread and I found this!

I applied for Pharmacology with a year in industry at Kings college London, Manchester, Bristol, Queen mary and Bath. So far, I've gotten offers from Queen mary for ABB, Bath and Bristol for AAB. Manchester invited me in for a interview, kind of nervous to be honest.

What about you ?
yepyepyep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
congrats on your offer m8
_inthewoodshed
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've applied for Pharmacology and got the following offers:

Cardiff - still waiting
Bristol - AAB
Bath - AAB
Aberdeen - BBB
Portsmouth - BBC

Cardiff will be my firm if they give me an offer, Bristol will be my firm if Cardiff don't offer me. I'm thinking Bath or Portsmouth (but more likely Bath) as my insurance. What about you? (:
_inthewoodshed
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lelcats)
Congratulations! I'm still waiting on Cardiff too, they'll hopefully be my firm too if I get an offer haha. What draws to Cardiff?

I've had offers from Newcastle (AAB) and Bath (ABB) so far - Newcastle will likely be my insurance!
I want to go into medicine after pharmacology and Cardiff offer postgrad medicine from pharmacology, plus I love the city and felt really at home there on the open day. I would be applying for undergrad medicine but my AS results let me down :/ ah well, I'm happier doing it this way - I love pharmacology and the woman I spoke to at Bath said it's one of the best undergrad degrees you can do to go into postgrad medicine.

Knightx07
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello! I got an unconditional from ucl! Achieved AAB. Also considering postgrad med, but would biomed science be a more preferred pathway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
gary96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just received AAB offer for medical pharmacology at Cardiff. I'm a medicine applicant too btw.
_inthewoodshed
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an offer from Cardiff yesterday - AAB!
Knightx07
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lelcats)
Wow congratulations on your offer! I'm presuming that's your firm?
Erm not really sure, my primary application was for pharmacy but no offers yet... I read up on the modules n i think stats will kill me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
SaifG97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, just wondering can i make my personal statement suitable for pharmacy and pharmacology? Are pharmacy and pharmacology personal statements different or is it possible to be able to apply to both courses? Thanks
AliBachir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd recommend you dont do that, but they are related so it wont be an odd personal statement like one applying to law and medicine for example. I say this because during my interviews, I was asked why pharmacology and not pharmacy and I replied speaking of the research aspect of drugs. Either way, I dont think it will be a deal breaker but keep doing research and find out what you truly want to do. Now I applied to pharmacology and chemistry and managed to get all my offers. So dont worry about it too much.
SaifG97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah ok thanks for the advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads