Your favourite character in a book, play or comic and why.

Watch
Corporate79
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I thought it would be a cool idea to give us the opportunity to show each other the characters we each find fascinating,the ones that grab by your shoulders are shake you. For me these are the types of characters that make literature worth the effort.

Personally I find it hard to name just one character, so in no particular order;

Dalinar Kholin - The Stormlight Archives, By Brandon Sanderson
The Wife of Bath - The Cantebury Tales, By Geoffrey Chaucer
King Lear - King Lear, By William Shakespeare
Edmund - King Lear, By William Shakespeare

The tragedy that each character encounters is really what makes them great for me. Each in turn, reacts and with every reaction, their human nature is revealed; for I cannot help but empathize with their respective responses.

Edmund is most relatable to me in my opinion and is probably the most enchanting character I have ever encountered in literature.
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The weirdest thing is that we've been learning "The Wife of Bath" in English at the moment, and I agree that she is an interesting character!

For me, (out of the top of my head) I think it would have to be Blanche from "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams. To be honest, I think the whole play is amazing, but Blanche was always the one I had a soft spot for. Her dysfunctional personality derived from a tragic past really shows how experiences can you change you.

And even though the ending wasn't the one that I had hoped, I still think there's a part of her that remained beautiful and innocent in some way.
lombrus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bruce Wayne[quote]Bruce Wayne is a moody, sexy, strange, mysterious millionaire who is seriously ripped. Batman is all of the above with added gravelly voice, f*** you attitude........ and the Batmobile.[end quote]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (101)
59.06%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
10.53%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (21)
12.28%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (12)
7.02%
I haven't started researching yet (9)
5.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (10)
5.85%

Watched Threads