The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Im a newbie on TSR! Im now doing A2 and Im planning to apply for law in Surrey. My predicted grades are AAB and do you think my grades are good enough to enter Surrey? Many thanks!!:smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 1181
hi, I would like to know when the first half term is? i thought there was one in November but i didn't see any half terms until 21st of December when I looked at my personalised timetable.
thanks!
Original post by takha
hi, I would like to know when the first half term is? i thought there was one in November but i didn't see any half terms until 21st of December when I looked at my personalised timetable.
thanks!

At uni you have christmas, easter and summer holidays. It's not like school where you get half terms as well. You have 3 weeks of over christmas, 4 over easter and then quite a few weeks off over summer.
Hey for registration we need to bring evidence of student finance confirmation. Do I just print out the entitlement summary?
Hello,
I'm a student in the United States and am considering applying to the University of Surrey, but am unsure if my qualifications warrant application. Although my test scores fall within the entry requirements, I am concerned because my high school GPA is quite low (it is weighted down by freshman and sophomore years, since then I have shown great improvement). How much of a role do GPA's play in choosing whether or not to admit a student, and are different grades considered based on which course is applied to?
Thanks!
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hi! Im a newbie on TSR! Im now doing A2 and Im planning to apply for law in Surrey. My predicted grades are AAB and do you think my grades are good enough to enter Surrey? Many thanks!!:smile:

Hi :smile: Our entry requirements for LLB Law are AAA-AAB, so your predicted grades would meet this. Obviously we'd look at your application as a whole as well as your predicted grades :smile: If you need more information about this, it'd be worth getting in touch with our admissions team ([email protected]). I hope this helps!
Hi!
Im a prospective law student. I know what the grade requirements are for Surrey but I received ABBB at AS and I've been predicted ABB at A2. WOuld this put me at a disadvantage?
Original post by sabkeating
Hello,
I'm a student in the United States and am considering applying to the University of Surrey, but am unsure if my qualifications warrant application. Although my test scores fall within the entry requirements, I am concerned because my high school GPA is quite low (it is weighted down by freshman and sophomore years, since then I have shown great improvement). How much of a role do GPA's play in choosing whether or not to admit a student, and are different grades considered based on which course is applied to?
Thanks!

We'd recommend that you chat with one of our International team, as they'll be able to better advise on this :smile: You can contact them at [email protected]. Sorry we can't be of more help.
Original post by Bambooza
Hey for registration we need to bring evidence of student finance confirmation. Do I just print out the entitlement summary?

That should be fine, but it's worth checking with our student services team ([email protected]) or on Twitter @SurreyStudent. :smile:
Original post by adegunt
Hi!
Im a prospective law student. I know what the grade requirements are for Surrey but I received ABBB at AS and I've been predicted ABB at A2. Would this put me at a disadvantage?

Our entry requirements for LLB Law are AAA-AAB, however obviously we'd look at your application as a whole as well as your predicted grades.

If you need more information about this, it'd be worth getting in touch with our admissions team ([email protected]) as they'll be able to better advise on your application. I hope this helps!
Hi! Do you count Maths and Further Maths as two A-Levels towards an offer of three?

(i.e. Maths, Further Maths and English Lit, to study Economics and Maths)

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Micronex
Hi! Do you count Maths and Further Maths as two A-Levels towards an offer of three?

(i.e. Maths, Further Maths and English Lit, to study Economics and Maths)

Thanks in advance!

Hi! :smile: You'll need to check this with our admissions team I'm afraid. You can contact them at [email protected]. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hey,
I'm applying to study Biochemistry for September 2016 and was wondering will there be an interview for this course?
im currently attending and 2 weeks before the semester i sent an email to admissions trying to change my course and got no response, then on monday i went to my facaulty and asked them and again i had to send some emails and was told to wait and hear back after another week. i havent been attending lectures for the course im currently studying as i really dont want to continue that course but im starting to worry since its second week of term and i still have no response to weather or not they even have space on the course or anything. im just confused on what to do now.
Hi there, I'm looking to apply to computer science for surreyThe grade requirements are ABB and I have predicted ABC, is there any chance I will get an offer even though my predicted are lower? I know I can get a B in maths
Hello, again!

I've begun the application process online, but wanted to quickly ask about the personal statement. I'm applying for the MA in Acting program, and have composed and edited my statement. Where can I find what the outline/requirements are for the statement, such as what should be in there and the word count? I've searched on the Surrey website, but was unable to find anything...
Original post by Ellie674
Hey,
I'm applying to study Biochemistry for September 2016 and was wondering will there be an interview for this course?

Hi there,

We usually mention on the subject page if we interview or not, and there is no information about interviews Biochemistry.

However I can't say 100% - if you can contact admissions via [email protected] that would be the way to find out for sure.

Hope that helps and thanks for your interest in Surrey!
Original post by RRHHTd
im currently attending and 2 weeks before the semester i sent an email to admissions trying to change my course and got no response, then on monday i went to my facaulty and asked them and again i had to send some emails and was told to wait and hear back after another week. i havent been attending lectures for the course im currently studying as i really dont want to continue that course but im starting to worry since its second week of term and i still have no response to weather or not they even have space on the course or anything. im just confused on what to do now.

Hi there, sorry to hear about this. I have sent you a private message requesting some details.
Original post by kingLAWZA
Hi there, I'm looking to apply to computer science for surreyThe grade requirements are ABB and I have predicted ABC, is there any chance I will get an offer even though my predicted are lower? I know I can get a B in maths

Hi,

When making an offer we evaluate your whole application - your predicted grades are part of this but not all that we base a decision on.

I would expect that it is still worth applying, but please take this as a suggestion only -for a definitive answer please contact our admissions team ([email protected])

I hope that helps!
J
Original post by cytja_0288
Hello, again!

I've begun the application process online, but wanted to quickly ask about the personal statement. I'm applying for the MA in Acting program, and have composed and edited my statement. Where can I find what the outline/requirements are for the statement, such as what should be in there and the word count? I've searched on the Surrey website, but was unable to find anything...

Hi, good question!

I'd suggest getting in contact with the GSA admissions team at: [email protected]

This article might be useful too, it's mainly aimed at undergraduates but has some good general points as well:

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/features/top-tips-writing-personal-statement

Finally, we have our admissions policy which might be helpful - it explains how we evaluate applications : http://www.surrey.ac.uk/apply/policies

I hope this helps! Do write back if you have more questions.
J

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending