How many AS/A2 levels can I teach myself in 3/4 months?

Watch
IslaMcLachlan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am on a gap year and the past few months I have been preparing for my university application/ course as well as working in a cafe. Now my application for Law is almost done ( I sit LNAT next week), I miss education/ learning so much and am considering teaching myself a couple of subjects. Not only would I like to take subjects that are well respected, but also ones that will keep my brain ticking over. I am slightly worried that I will be out of practice academically when I start uni this October. I'm also not sure whether it's possible to teach myself subjects that have coursework. Obviously it's not ideal as it's now half way through the academic year, so I just wondered what would be manageable.

I got 2A*s in History and Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics) , 1 A in Politics as well as an A in English Literature AS. I also have a D in Critical Thinking AS that I took in year 11. These are the subjects I am considering and need to choose between....

English Literature A2
Politics retake to try to get an A* - only a few marks off
Critical Thinking AS retake
Economics
Law
Philosophy- I know there are some differences to RS but will they be seen as too similar?
Sociology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads