Kitty1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I've received an offer to study at Exeter, but have been looking at the night life/club scene and it says that most clubs close around 2AM, is this true for all clubs? I want a Uni where you can go on long nights out until around 4/5AM I'm not fussy about music, just anywhere that is slightly cheap and I can have a dance.
Any help or info is appreciated,
Thanks
nonswimmer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kitty1995)
I want a Uni where you can go on long nights out until around 4/5AM
... then Exeter is not for you.
Trundleshanks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nonswimmer)
... then Exeter is not for you.
Very much this.

Having dropped out of Exeter 2 months ago I can tell you that the people who had the best nights out were the ones who had friends back home in larger cities.

The 3 mainstream clubs are virtually identical in what they play, it's pretty much the same top 40 stuff every student night and unforunately Exeter doesn't really have the population (either as a uni or a city) to go to anything other than the main student nights, apart from Cellar Door and Cavern nights.

If nightlife is a major factor and you've experienced the 2am+ joys of larger cities Exeter cannot compare. People might say that it's just about the people they're with, not the night/venue/time/music etc but really if you do want solid, regular nightlife Exeter is a bad choice.

The uni is fantastic and the campus really is lovely if you're into that greenery but for me it just wasn't alive enough as a place.
ZolaCFC25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Somewhere like Leeds is probably more what you need.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.61%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (69)
40.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.2%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.96%

Watched Threads