amjam441
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I didn't know exactly where to post this so yh. Basically I want to work in the 3d business and work in large studios for films. But I've heard of the starting off pays being pretty bad and as far ask I know the highest paying jobs aren't very high ($100 000 is only £61 000 but I was hoping for about 70 000). Before that I wanted to be an investment banker which is currently my second choice.
In the end I thought maybe I could do both. I could start off as an investment banker and with a high salary and save most of the money off. I have no idea how long it would be till I quit but I'm guessing about 10 years. Then I thought I could move into the 3d animation business. I could do the job interviews in free time weekends, holidays etc. That way I won't quit the job and have no income.
Im only 13 (birthday this friday!!! yay!!!!!!) so i have plenty of time to change course or ideas etc
Doyou guys think this a good career path or not. Could you help me improve it?

PS I no if all i want is money, then 3d may not be the best choice but I really would like to do it. It looks so cool and interesting plus it would be amazing to see my name in the credits of a pixar or disney film (my end goal)
Tokyoround
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could earn a lot of money going down the art route and selling your work, creating your own movies or setting up your own animation or movie studio with like-minded individuals. There are many routes to success, you don't necessarily have to chase money, if you have a passion for something then money won't matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads