This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi!

Is anyone finding this module hard? Anyone ready for 6B on the 24th of June?

I need to get a good mark in this if I want to be sure of getting an A overall, because I was silly enough not to retake module 1 or 2, where I got 71/90 and 68/90.

As a result, I have to do well in 6B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
haha me too...i got a U in the mock...not gd. plus i think i failed chem 2 retake.
Vin
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Chem 6 is like the hardest out of all the Synoptic papers in my other subjects.

I retook some AS modules this year, for the sake of bumping up the overall mark cos of this hard paper. Teachers say that students normally perform at a grade lower than their overall grade on Chem 6. So for example, if you get A overall, you're likely to have gotten a B on Chem 6. That's supposedly how hard it is to earn marks on this paper.

Another thing, this year's Chem AS papers were only 1 hour long! (Compared to 1hr 15 and 1hr 30 in the previous years.) Kinda unfair, if you ask me. They were also pretty easy papers too compared to what we got last June.

You can also sit Chem 4 retake to bump up the overall mark (though it's relatively much harder to do so compared to AS modules).

But right now, Chem 5 is next Wed, I got that to worry about first.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
i got a U in the mock
SNAP!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Vin
Chem 6 is like the hardest out of all the Synoptic papers in my other subjects.

I retook some AS modules this year, for the sake of bumping up the overall mark cos of this hard paper. Teachers say that students normally perform at a grade lower than their overall grade on Chem 6. So for example, if you get A overall, you're likely to have gotten a B on Chem 6. That's supposedly how hard it is to earn marks on this paper.

Another thing, this year's Chem AS papers were only 1 hour long! (Compared to 1hr 15 and 1hr 30 in the previous years.) Kinda unfair, if you ask me. They were also pretty easy papers too compared to what we got last June.

You can also sit Chem 4 retake to bump up the overall mark (though it's relatively much harder to do so compared to AS modules).

But right now, Chem 5 is next Wed, I got that to worry about first.
i retook module 1, and it wasnt easier than last year AT ALL...what the **** you on??? it was harder if you ask me

module 6 is a killer

module 5 is a killer

anyone know how to do graphs of boiling point against composition or something??

and also

you know that section in the syllabus about esters, oils, fats, polymers etc...do we have to learn that ****?? i dont know ANYTHING
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
damn, chem is tough!! overall last year, i got a C, which i know is pants. i retook unit 1 and 2 this year and i found them so much easier, so hopefully i can gain points from that. unit 4 should be OK, but unit 5 is rough. Unit 6B is the synoptic, so i think its just a fact of whether you know it or you don't. I am slightly in a better position, as i have revised my unit 1 and 2 already for my exams, so all i gotta do is crack down on unit 4 and 5. nightmare... but i tend to think of it as this, in 2 weeks, it'll be all over!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
up
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads