Do you wear shorts under your skirts and dresses? Watch

stace1244
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Do you always wear shorts underneath or only under certain skirts/dresses or at certain times/events only?

What kind of shorts are they (eg. spandex) and how long are they?

Where did you get them from?

Why do you wear them and if not why not?

I always wear black spandex shorts under mine. They have about a 4" inseam so they are nice and short and don't poke out below my skirts.

I brought mine from Forever 21 and American Apparel. I love the black nylon/elastane spandex shorts from AA the most as they are the most comfortable and love the high waisted feel on them.

I just like feel securely covered so I can be comfortable and confident in my dress or skirt without having to worry about someone seeing my underwear.
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just wear tights, I think shorts would be uncomfortable underneath skirts and dresses
Vikki1805
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just go commando.
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by chocolatesauce)
I just wear tights, I think shorts would be uncomfortable underneath skirts and dresses
I find shorts super comfortable as long as they are skin tight like spandex. Loose fitting ones are too uncomfortable. Plus I know I am securely covered by wearing spandex shorts
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vikki1805)
Just go commando.
Ew no lol. I can't stand wearing just underwear alone under skirts let alone nothing haha.

I need to wear spandex shorts to cover my underwear so I know pervs don't get a free show
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I usually wear tights, but even in summer nah I don't bother with shorts, unless it's a windy day or something :eek:
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
I usually wear tights, but even in summer nah I don't bother with shorts, unless it's a windy day or something :eek:
I will wear tights in Winter as well otherwise it's too cold as most girls do wear tights in Winter and as soon as it warms up it's shorts underneath for me regardless of the wind
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stace1244)
I find shorts super comfortable as long as they are skin tight like spandex. Loose fitting ones are too uncomfortable. Plus I know I am securely covered by wearing spandex shorts
Out of interest, would you feel secure if you were wearing those spandex shorts by themselves (obv with a top on, I just mean, as shorts)?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
no I've never worn shorts under a skirt or dress
~ Aquamarine ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on the dress really. If I am wearing tights then I wont, however if it's summer then I always wear shorts underneath
Holby_fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nah. Want the ladz to see I'm wearing nothing underneath.
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pride)
Out of interest, would you feel secure if you were wearing those spandex shorts by themselves (obv with a top on, I just mean, as shorts)?
No too revealing lol. I would wore demin short shorts on their own but not spandex. The spandex shorts are only for under my skirt/dress as a defence against pervs and the wind. Even though I wear shorts under I still cross my legs and stuff when I sit lol
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
Depends on the dress really. If I am wearing tights then I wont, however if it's summer then I always wear shorts underneath
Yeah same for me tights in winter and shorts underneath in summer Can't go without them lol
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Holby_fanatic)
Nah. Want the ladz to see I'm wearing nothing underneath.
I can't do that lol, can't stand the thought of pervy guy seeing everything. needs to be covered
Holby_fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't do that lol, can't stand the thought of pervy guy seeing everything. needs to be covered
It was a joke. I doubt I'd ever do it... If I'm wearing a longer skirt I might be more inclined to though.
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Holby_fanatic)
It was a joke. I doubt I'd ever do it... If I'm wearing a longer skirt I might be more inclined to though.
lol had me for a second there girly
Holby_fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
lol had me for a second there girly
Soz beb.
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No I haven't. Maybe it's just me but I'd be more embarrassed about someone seeing that I'm wearing dodgy gym shorts under my skirt, rather than some nice knickers..
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by LinzyLoo)
No I haven't. Maybe it's just me but I'd be more embarrassed about someone seeing that I'm wearing dodgy gym shorts under my skirt, rather than some nice knickers..
Well it can only be one or the other I guess as something will show and it's a matter of preference what is gona show if something happens like a gust of wind.

I would rather have my black spandex shorts been seen by some creep than my knickers lol. Much better coverage and it stops the creeps from looking up your skirt when they find out you are wearing shorts underneath.
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arirang)
I always do, just feel more secure that way - I don't have to worry if my skirt is riding up too much instead of constantly having to pull it down. On nights out 99.9% of the time wear short-shorts anyway - I hate wearing skirts. I had to wear skirts in school from I was 4 years old until I was 19 - I've had enough!
15 years of having to wear a skirt nearly everyday I don't blame ya girly I like wearing them but not everyday. I am with you on wearing the shorts underneath all the time to feel more secure, it's the only way to go
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads