Do you wear shorts under your skirts and dresses?

Watch
Portia1993
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All the time! I have denim ones which I have had for about 8 years, super comfy & bought for that sole purpose :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
stace1244
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by jenigma)
black cycling shorts!
Same as me Where did you get yours from?
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by ehiamour)
I have friends who wear them for all the reasons the OP mentioned and because their thighs rub. No thigh gaps in my friend circle lol
Yeah wearing shorts underneath are awesome for heaps reasons Ouch thighs rubbing would, thank God we have shorts
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Portia1993)
All the time! I have denim ones which I have had for about 8 years, super comfy & bought for that sole purpose :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice Shorts underneath are one of the most comfy things ever Couldn't do with them
Sherry1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I was at school all the girls went through a phase of doing this, so naturally I followed the crowd in this.

Now no! Its so uncomfortable, and if I didnt feel confident and comfortable wearing a skirt/dress without shorts then I would just stick to shorts/trousers!
If I am wearing a long fitting dress/skirt like the type you would wear to a wedding or some other evening function, I actually dont wear anything underneath. I dont like the idea of people seeing the line of my underwear, so I would just rather not wear anything!
But other skirts and dresses especially shorter ones, or day time ones then underwear is fine
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sherry1993)
When I was at school all the girls went through a phase of doing this, so naturally I followed the crowd in this.

Now no! Its so uncomfortable, and if I didnt feel confident and comfortable wearing a skirt/dress without shorts then I would just stick to shorts/trousers!
If I am wearing a long fitting dress/skirt like the type you would wear to a wedding or some other evening function, I actually dont wear anything underneath. I dont like the idea of people seeing the line of my underwear, so I would just rather not wear anything!
But other skirts and dresses especially shorter ones, or day time ones then underwear is fine
Yeah it's easy to follow the crowd and do what they do I am type that would wear my spandex shorts under that under the long dress/skirt to the wedding or evening function lol
EmilyD237
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I'm wearing a short dress with skin colour tights or bare legs then I'll just wear plain black knickers... more comfy than wearing shorts as well over tights.
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmilyD237)
If I'm wearing a short dress with skin colour tights or bare legs then I'll just wear plain black knickers... more comfy than wearing shorts as well over tights.
Yeah same here, only time I don't wear shorts is when I wear tights since the tights do the job of covering my underwear lol
syrettd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have one dress I wear a pair of black elastic shorts under sometimes, or just girl boxers. Most of my dresses I just wear regular underwear under, maybe I decide not to wear see through ones if I think about it, but that's only if I remember. And I have one dress that I wear with no underwear.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
I usually wear tights, but even in summer nah I don't bother with shorts, unless it's a windy day or something :eek:
PRSOM
EmilyD237
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by stace1244)
Yeah same here, only time I don't wear shorts is when I wear tights since the tights do the job of covering my underwear lol
Knickers show through skin colour tights, but if they're just simple plain black ones then so what if they show... Rather that than another layer on top
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmilyD237)
Knickers show through skin colour tights, but if they're just simple plain black ones then so what if they show... Rather that than another layer on top
Yeah tights plus shorts would just too much. One or the other is fine on it's own I would be one to still cover the black underwear up with either shorts or non-see through tights lol
stace1244
Rep:
?
(Original post by syrettd)
I have one dress I wear a pair of black elastic shorts under sometimes, or just girl boxers. Most of my dresses I just wear regular underwear under, maybe I decide not to wear see through ones if I think about it, but that's only if I remember. And I have one dress that I wear with no underwear.
lol you seem to mix it up a bit, is the one dress you do wear them with a lot shorter than rest or something?
syrettd
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol you seem to mix it up a bit, is the one dress you do wear them with a lot shorter than rest or something?
It's extremely short (although it has a long see through material over the top) and I found that wearing shorts underneath meant it clung to the material of the shorts and didn't ride up too far.
stace1244
Rep:
?
It's extremely short (although it has a long see through material over the top) and I found that wearing shorts underneath meant it clung to the material of the shorts and didn't ride up too far.
lol ok nice, you should consider wearing your spandex shorts under your dresses as well since you already have some
syrettd
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol ok nice, you should consider wearing your spandex shorts under your dresses as well since you already have some
One of my dresses I go commando under, so definitely no shorts under there! I don't know, I guess I kind of think I'd be more embarassed if someone saw my shorts underneath my dress than if they saw my underwear. The shorts remind me of men's boxers. And it's never actually occurred to me before now that there is a small amount of men who actually try to look up women's dresses, so it's never factored into my choice.
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jelephant)
I mean, you keep going on about pervs looking up your skirt as if all along the streets of Britain men are crawling along on their backs in case of a bit of knicker action :eyeball:
How much do you bet OP is a 40 odd year old guy :lol:

New user, joins TSR to make a post about wearing spandex under skirts and makes multiple posts on the thread. I'm guessing he hasn't come here to debate feminism or immigration like everyone else, he's eagerly looking at the posts on here from student age girls talking about what they wear under their skirts and whether they are bothered by the chance of flashing their knickers. I bet he's been checking all these girls profiles to see if they have pics of themselves too...so he can put faces to names :sexface:
stace1244
Rep:
?
One of my dresses I go commando under, so definitely no shorts under there! I don't know, I guess I kind of think I'd be more embarassed if someone saw my shorts underneath my dress than if they saw my underwear. The shorts remind me of men's boxers. And it's never actually occurred to me before now that there is a small amount of men who actually try to look up women's dresses, so it's never factored into my choice.
lol I would so never go commando That's up to you if you wana do it lol. Yeah some men try to get a peak of up your skirt/dress to see if you are going commando or what underwear you are wearing which is one of the reason why I wear shorts. They don't like the shorts lol because it blocks the view they thought they might get. If you don't want them looking up your dress, the shorts will stop em cold Also it's way less embarrassing if your shorts are seen because will just be like meh black spandex shorts whereas underwear men will stare and someone might tease you about what underwear you wear.
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I'm not wearing tights and I've got a really short dress or skirt on then maybe I'd wear like "hotpant" style knickers. Otherwise why bother, if I accidently flash someone it doesn't really bother me... Haha!
syrettd
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol I would so never go commando That's up to you if you wana do it lol. Yeah some men try to get a peak of up your skirt/dress to see if you are going commando or what underwear you are wearing which is one of the reason why I wear shorts. They don't like the shorts lol because it blocks the view they thought they might get. If you don't want them looking up your dress, the shorts will stop em cold Also it's way less embarrassing if your shorts are seen because will just be like meh black spandex shorts whereas underwear men will stare and someone might tease you about what underwear you wear.
The dress is floor length and doesn't look right if I have underwear underneath. I'd rather that if there was a gust of wind or something that people saw my underwear, which is very beautiful (I have a massive lingerie collection) than that they saw my tatty shorts. Because I am really into very nice lingerie, the idea of being caught wearing not nice underwear/shorts is more embarassing to me than if someone accidentally caught a peek and thought 'Wow, nice knickers' but I can totally see your point of view on it. I think you're seriously overestimating how many men try to look up girl's skirts though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (413)
52.28%
No (377)
47.72%

Watched Threads