She hasn't replied to my Facebook message?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm constantly overthinking everything to do with this girl, so tell me if you think i'am/or if I should be a bit concerned:

We were having a conversation over Facebook, (last night) and then she said she's got to pop to the tesco express & that she'll "be back in a bit x"- I said, "ok see you in a bit ".

I've since been to the gym, come back and 3 hours later she hasn't resumed the conversation- is this because she doesn't want to, or more likely forgotten/busy? It says she was last online 48mins ago.

I was wondering whether to just leave it, or message her again, but wasn't sure if that would make me look a bit needy?
Anyway, I took a gamble, and messaged her. Just turned the tables on myself and made it seem like it was my fault and said; "Sorry, was at the gym!" Then proceeded to send a message.

She went online briefly (at 22.31), it said she's seen my message (at 22:31), but she then went offline at 22:32.
So she hasn't replied :/

To be fair, I know she gets up very early in weekdays so she's probably going to bed at that time, but still...
Have I just made myself look like a desperate idiot?

Also- just checked- she hasn't been online for 24 hours. So since she last checked the message.
She doesn't go on facebook this much, and is a relatively busy person anyway.
So maybe she hasn't got round to it yet, or has forgotten?
KingGym
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Name:  karate-kyle-meme-generator-never-forget-never-give-up-cdae5e.jpg
Views: 3127
Size:  32.9 KB
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wait for a day...chill
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Need some context. How much do you talk to this girl? Are you 'friends', have you been on dates etc?

If you're chatting to someone who you consider a potential, but who's likely to consider you a new friend/grey area (i.e. a friend from a uni course you've known a bit but chat to infrequently), then it's quite normal for FB chats to dwindle away and not resume until there's something else to talk about. If your conversation was essentially small talk, that could be another factor.

I'd leave it a bit and then message when you actually have something to say, such as some news/a funny story about a mutual friend etc. If that sparks a conversation, keep it interesting, ask plenty of questions and try and get her number if you don't already have it. If not, wait a few days to see if she initiates and focus elsewhere if not.
Padwas
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what with kids these days someone doesn't reply in 10 seconds and now they hate you
The Polymath
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe on the way to Tesco, she was in a horrific accident and was rushed to hospital. As she was being wheeled into the operating theatre, in her last conscious moments her thoughts turned to you. Her phone still in her hand, she fumbled for the Facebook icon and just about managed to press it before it was whisked away from her. Tears streamed down her face as she realised that although the "Seen" message would now appear on your end, she would perhaps never be able to read what you said...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zjs)
Need some context. How much do you talk to this girl? Are you 'friends', have you been on dates etc?

If you're chatting to someone who you consider a potential, but who's likely to consider you a new friend/grey area (i.e. a friend from a uni course you've known a bit but chat to infrequently), then it's quite normal for FB chats to dwindle away and not resume until there's something else to talk about. If your conversation was essentially small talk, that could be another factor.

I'd leave it a bit and then message when you actually have something to say, such as some news/a funny story about a mutual friend etc. If that sparks a conversation, keep it interesting, ask plenty of questions and try and get her number if you don't already have it. If not, wait a few days to see if she initiates and focus elsewhere if not.
I've known her for about 4 months, we see each other (in our social circle) about twice a week.
We've started chatting more 1 on 1 (real life, in text and facebook) over the last month.
Already have her number (she asked for mine).

We were talking about music, from what we like, to the instruments she plays, etc.
username1063128
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She sounds like me, I don't generally like facebook much so it can take me ages to reply, it's nothing personal She may also have been busy with other stuff so might not have had time to think of a good reply. Just give her time, don't take it as disinterest, she might reply later or tomorrow. She also might have not realised that your message needed a reply so if she doesn't say anything for a few days, try to message again. Good luck
Liquid Swordsman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You are definitely overthinking this

People don't reply to Facebook messages all the time

Spoiler:
Show
Or maybe everyone just hates me... :/
cinnamon&cheese
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Leave it, completely, until she replies .
Then wait a while before replying.

If you feel needy, this will help to do the opposite .
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hard to say what's going on there without knowing more about the situation, but you need to just drop it. Don't message her at all until she replies. When she does ignore it for as long as it takes her to reply.

This will pretend that you think you're the one in control, when it's obvious here that you care that bit more than her :sadnod:
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Think about it, who starts a conversation at half 10 at night? Even if my bestest friend sent me a text that late in the evening I wouldn't send a reply until the next day, there is absolutely no point.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sr90)
Think about it, who starts a conversation at half 10 at night? Even if my bestest friend sent me a text that late in the evening I wouldn't send a reply until the next day, there is absolutely no point.
No, the conversation started at around 6.15pm. At 6.30ish she went and said she would be back.
Get to half 7 and I go to the gym, I'm back at 9.30pm when I message her again.
Then at 10.32 she appeared online for 1min, and read my message.
Samantha303
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)

I do. And my friends do.
Scott.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Clearly she's just a psyho...,,
RicoBendenz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Shes probably run out of internet
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Polymath)
Maybe on the way to Tesco, she was in a horrific accident and was rushed to hospital. As she was being wheeled into the operating theatre, in her last conscious moments her thoughts turned to you. Her phone still in her hand, she fumbled for the Facebook icon and just about managed to press it before it was whisked away from her. Tears streamed down her face as she realised that although the "Seen" message would now appear on your end, she would perhaps never be able to read what you said...
LOL. Awesome.

OP, leave it a while. Sometimes people take a while to respond to messages. :indiff:
Treeroy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can deduce two things from this:

1) She's not madly in love with you
2) Your relationship chances have not been hindered

(Original post by sr90)
Some of us do
Lemonade13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Someone's playing hard to get... You do the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Polymath)
This must be it :holmes:

OP, I think you're overthinking it. Saying sorry I was at the gym is a bit awkward to reply to, if she has nothing interesting to say. She may have just left it b/c she couldn't think of anything to talk about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.5%
I'm not sure (57)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.43%

Watched Threads