The Student Room Group

Health Psychology MSc - Kings College London or Bath University????

Hello
I was wondering whether anyone has applied for the Health Psychology Msc at KCL or Bath? I really do not know where to go! I've been offered places at both but the fees for KCL are prohibitive! I wasn't expecting KCL to increase their fees so much! If anyone has advice on either the courses and what they plan to do after the MSc I would be so grateful!
:smile: thank you!!
Reply 1
Hi

i have received an offer from King's college and Westminster university and I have the same dillema - money, Westminster is only £5000 while King's is over £9000. I got in contact with both course leaders and asked for more information regarding the course and the placements they offer, but I am still waiting for a reply. I am looking at something clinical as I had problems with finding clinical volunteering work by myself. I still do not know what I want to do in the future. I have an interest in both clinical/research health psychology and neuropsychology. I believe it will depend on what kind of placement I will get during masters. Good luck on your course.
Reply 2
Original post by Roxalina
Hi

i have received an offer from King's college and Westminster university and I have the same dillema - money, Westminster is only £5000 while King's is over £9000. I got in contact with both course leaders and asked for more information regarding the course and the placements they offer, but I am still waiting for a reply. I am looking at something clinical as I had problems with finding clinical volunteering work by myself. I still do not know what I want to do in the future. I have an interest in both clinical/research health psychology and neuropsychology. I believe it will depend on what kind of placement I will get during masters. Good luck on your course.

I've applied to KCL but although myapp has been updated (got an email) I cannot see a decision so far.. did this happen to you too?
Reply 3
Original post by ai91
I've applied to KCL but although myapp has been updated (got an email) I cannot see a decision so far.. did this happen to you too?

Hey, I also applied for health at Kings and that happened to me but after a day it had updated with my offer. See what happens by monday and then send them a message or call if nothing has changed. I recommend calling though.
Reply 4
Original post by zn2
Hey, I also applied for health at Kings and that happened to me but after a day it had updated with my offer. See what happens by monday and then send them a message or call if nothing has changed. I recommend calling though.

hello, yes I got my unconditional offer! but I'm debating as to whether i wanna go now! haha because other unis seem to be much cheaper with similar content. Are you looking forward to it?
Reply 5
Original post by ai91
hello, yes I got my unconditional offer! but I'm debating as to whether i wanna go now! haha because other unis seem to be much cheaper with similar content. Are you looking forward to it?

Congrats! Yeh, I know what you mean about the fees, they're insane. But I've accepted my offer, so definitely going Kings!
Reply 6
Original post by zn2
Congrats! Yeh, I know what you mean about the fees, they're insane. But I've accepted my offer, so definitely going Kings!

Congrats! I may go too :smile: good luck with your studies! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ai91
Congrats! I may go too :smile: good luck with your studies! :smile:

Thanks, good luck with the decision =)
Reply 8
Original post by zn2
Thanks, good luck with the decision =)

Thanks - made it and I've decided to go! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ai91
Thanks - made it and I've decided to go! :smile:

Awesome! I guess I'll see you in a few weeks then ^_^ have you heard anything about enrolment yet?
Reply 10
Original post by zn2
Awesome! I guess I'll see you in a few weeks then ^_^ have you heard anything about enrolment yet?

nope nothing so far. Have you?
Reply 11
Original post by ai91
nope nothing so far. Have you?

Nah but I've been seeing others at Kings getting emails about enrolling for other courses so I thought I'd ask!
Reply 12
Original post by zn2
Nah but I've been seeing others at Kings getting emails about enrolling for other courses so I thought I'd ask!

oh ok.. I didn't get your name lol mine's Alliya. Do you live in London? I'm still hunting for accommodation =| I read somewhere that enrolment will be on the 22nd but waiting for an email to confirm.
Reply 13
Original post by ai91
oh ok.. I didn't get your name lol mine's Alliya. Do you live in London? I'm still hunting for accommodation =| I read somewhere that enrolment will be on the 22nd but waiting for an email to confirm.

Oh my name's Zen =) yeh I'm living at home here... are all the Kings rooms taken? I've seen quite a few threads on here about accommodation so they might be helpful =)

Quick Reply

Latest