The Student Room Group

bachelor of animation or bachelor of computer graphics

Hello everyone
I'm really confused and i will be appreciated if you help me
i am a 3d modeler and i have worked as a 3d modeler for couple of years (not in Canada) (creating characters environments ,etc ) but now i want to get a bachelor degree in this field in Canada (Ontario )
The problem is i dont know which major is related to my job
should i get an animation bachelor degree ? or should i get a computer graphics bachelor ? or a bachelor of digital arts is suitable for me?
every one of Canadian universities has different courses which r not completely related to my profession (like art history or programing or traditional 2d animation )
im looking for a major with courses like sculpting ,knowledge of anatomy ,drawing , digital modeling , etc
i'v uploaded one of my works to explain what i want a little more
i will be really appreciated if you guide me what major is the best for me or which university in Canada/ Ontario is good in this field
thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
This entire forum is mainly aimed at UK study, so I don't know how many Canadians you'll encounter here. You might want to try the Schools section of CGTalk's forum http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=283 which is much more geared towards North America. In terms of animation, Seneca in Canada has always produced amazing work, but that might be more 2D than 3D, you'll have to check. Sheridan also has a great reputation too. Vancouver Film School are amazing for organic modelling, but I don't think they offer a degree as such. Good luck.
Reply 2
thank you very much for your advises and sorry for my irrelevant topic :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest