What do you take in you bag for A-Level

Watch
ElGenioEstúpido
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
All the necessary textbooks, a ruler, a calculator, and an A4 wallet for my paper.
IndecisiveMiss
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hey when I went to college my bag was ALWAYS heavy - I commuted and so would have to take everything with me that was suited for the day, including relevant folders for all lessons.
If your bag is too heavy, try scheduling work for free periods that is within the subject that you had that day - that way, you're not carrying an extra folder.
The bottle of water makes a difference as that is going to be quite heavy! Maybe empty it at the end of the day when you're on your way home?
Also, see what textbooks are available in the college, then you could use them there instead of carrying yours from home, as they weigh a lot too.
I would take folders for the day, a pencil case, calculator, relevant books, purse, phone, work uniform for after college etc. (everything you've listed other than the laptop).
Does your college have computers? You wouldn't need to take your laptop in then.
A backpack is always better than a shoulder bag too, as its easier to carry.
cant_think_of_name
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Some dank ass kush.
cuckoo99
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Pen, Scientific + Graphics calculator, pad of A4 paper, Textbooks for the subjects of the day, old work sheets that stuffed at the bottom of my bag and usually water.

I need to start taking a ruler at some point ;p
User995789
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
1 folder with a few dividers and about 30 pages for the week. I take out the stuff at the end of every week into the main folders I keep at home. Hence my bag is light.

Use this tip and you'll never have a heavy bag
ProNoob
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
3 textbooks
A story book
3 exercise books
A calcuator
A pencil case
A deck of cards
And a folder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helloworld_95
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You only really need a pencil case and the books you needed to do homework last night. A water bottle is a fair addition although you can keep that in your locker. You don't really need a laptop or a graphics calculator, a normal calculator will suffice for a level maths.
moggington
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I take:

- Pencil case (well, I did until someone stole it...)
- Stabilo colour pens (useful for revision/making notes)
- 2 scientific calculators (one always drops to the bottom so easier to have two/someone always forgets theirs)
- Textbooks (I have two for geography which weigh a ton, my politics book isn't exactly light either)
- Folders (usually a maximum of three for any day of the week, but they're pretty full)
- School diary
- Water

Occasionally I'll have my iPad in there (usually if I know my teacher won't be in and I'll have a free lesson), or a book that I'm reading.
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
folders for my lessons (only a maximum of 2 as i never have more than 2 lessons a day, A4 refill note pad, pencil case, lunch, drink, phone, mp3 player, sometimes phone charger.
Reindeer Games
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Usually have:
- A4 refill pad for paper
- Pencil case
- Organiser/planner thing
- Water bottle
- iPod/phone/keys
- Glasses
But my bag's too small (ordering online, damn it) so I usually take a carrier bag or something with folders (maximum of 2) and my lunch.
EJA258
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I did art, drama, business and media so I didn't really need a massive bag for my A Levels. I had to carry an A1 folder around for art which was bigger than me and I couldn't get it on the bus in my bag I took:

1 pen
Notebook
1 folder with all my papers for each subject (they were mainly practical based)
USB stick
Calculator
Chewing gum
Water
iPod
iPod speaker
Deck of cards

I also messed around a lot and spent my free periods watching YouTube compilations, somehow I made it to uni :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Katie97
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Pen, pencil, ruler, notepad, textbooks needed for the day, A4 plastic wallet of all the spare worksheets/previous lessons notes I might need taken out of my folder (it's easier to carry around the bits of paper I need rather than the whole folders)

Posted from TSR Mobile
ChocoholicCox
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Pen, Pencil, A4 pad, Alphasmart (since its easier to make notes since hand writing is terrible,) maths revision guide, lunch, water and calculator.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads