The Student Room Group

Primary Education at Nottingham Trent?

Got a letter in the post today saying I've got an interview at Nottingham Trent to do Primary Education! As usual there will be a group presentation where you need to bring an artefact which you can use to describe how it reflects you as a learner. Anyone got any ideas of what I could do? So nervous!!
Original post by RubyPoynter
Got a letter in the post today saying I've got an interview at Nottingham Trent to do Primary Education! As usual there will be a group presentation where you need to bring an artefact which you can use to describe how it reflects you as a learner. Anyone got any ideas of what I could do? So nervous!!

I had an interview at Nottingham Trent a few years ago and it was a little different. I had to take in an artefact and explain how it could be used in schools. I took in a large Finding Nemo turtle and said how it could be used in maths - shapes of the shell/body, science by looking at under the sea subjects, a prompt for stories, something for nervous children to hold when talking in groups...
Although it sounds a lot different, you could take something like that and talk about visual, kinaesthetic and auditory learners and how something like that can be more accessible to all types of learners, such as if you would prefer physically seeing and holding something with shapes to understand it.

Hope that helps :smile:
I have my interview on Wednesday. No idea what artefact they are expecting. So confused!!!
Reply 3
Original post by glitterphobia
I had an interview at Nottingham Trent a few years ago and it was a little different. I had to take in an artefact and explain how it could be used in schools. I took in a large Finding Nemo turtle and said how it could be used in maths - shapes of the shell/body, science by looking at under the sea subjects, a prompt for stories, something for nervous children to hold when talking in groups...
Although it sounds a lot different, you could take something like that and talk about visual, kinaesthetic and auditory learners and how something like that can be more accessible to all types of learners, such as if you would prefer physically seeing and holding something with shapes to understand it.

Hope that helps :smile:

Ahh yes I understand thank you for that! x

Quick Reply

Latest