The Student Room Group

% of FM applicants receiving A* Maths

Does anyone have the statistic or a place where I can find the statistic for the percentage of Further Maths students who receive an A* grade in regular Mathematics?
Reply 1
Original post by Mike_123
Does anyone have the statistic or a place where I can find the statistic for the percentage of Further Maths students who receive an A* grade in regular Mathematics?

I've found them for AQA, I assume that the other exam boards will also have these statistics available too.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-RESULTS-STATISTICS-JUNE-2013.PDF

It was 14.2% for Maths and 19% for Further Maths in June 2013. In general, the performance in Further Maths exams is very good because the candidates are of a very high caliber, almost half of pupils get at least an A.

Edit: Just realised I misread the question :facepalm: No, such data is not available.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mike_123

No, those statistics will not be available as all subjects are treated separately

Quick Reply

Latest