The Student Room Group

HELP! I've sent off my ucas but just noticed a mistake!

Basically, I sent my ucas off last week (a bit late, I know) and have only just realised there's a mistake involving grades on my application!

I got a C at English lit A level but chose to retake the course, so when I filled the grade out I changed it to pending. However, I've just read online that I was supposed to include my C on the application AND the retake pending grade! I didn't know this and my teacher did not mention this either. So does this mean my C has not been cashed in?

I am retaking the course but if I do not get a higher grade I don't want my C to go unnoticed.

Also, I should mention that I have two offers already.

What do I do? Should I contact ucas?
Original post by cxjackson
Basically, I sent my ucas off last week (a bit late, I know) and have only just realised there's a mistake involving grades on my application!

I got a C at English lit A level but chose to retake the course, so when I filled the grade out I changed it to pending. However, I've just read online that I was supposed to include my C on the application AND the retake pending grade! I didn't know this and my teacher did not mention this either. So does this mean my C has not been cashed in?

I am retaking the course but if I do not get a higher grade I don't want my C to go unnoticed.

Also, I should mention that I have two offers already.

What do I do? Should I contact ucas?
Call Ucas. You must give the universities a true picture of your qualifications. If you don't then the universities are within their rights to withdraw their offers. They probably won't in this case, but make sure you correct the error.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Call Ucas. You must give the universities a true picture of your qualifications. If you don't then the universities are within their rights to withdraw their offers. They probably won't in this case, but make sure you correct the error.

Thank you for the super fast reply! Will call them first thing tomorrow.
Thank you for the super fast reply! Will call them first thing tomorrow.

No problem - I don't have a life! It'll not be an issue - they know people make mistakes, but you must cover yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No problem - I don't have a life! It'll not be an issue - they know people make mistakes, but you must cover yourself.

Yeah I hope it's not an issue! I'm just annoyed that I didn't double check before I sent it!
Also, one more thing, I have contacted ucas and the universities I received offers from, do you think I should contact the other universities I've applied to or wait for their response in regard to my application?
Yeah I hope it's not an issue! I'm just annoyed that I didn't double check before I sent it!
Also, one more thing, I have contacted ucas and the universities I received offers from, do you think I should contact the other universities I've applied to or wait for their response in regard to my application?

Be guided by Ucas I think. Not sure if they send an alert to the universities that there has been a change or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending